* Forwarding address for jsm28@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-10-19 23:49 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2003-10-19 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Could the forwarding address for jsm28@gcc.gnu.org be changed to
jsm@polyomino.org.uk?  (I don't have shell access as jsm28, only as
gccadmin.)

Does the subscriber list of gcc-maintainers get (semi-)automatically
updated from MAINTAINERS using the script Gerald sent in gcc-maintainers
message 260?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk

* Re: Forwarding address for jsm28@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-10-19 23:51 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2003-10-19 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 12:49:08AM +0100, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Could the forwarding address for jsm28@gcc.gnu.org be changed to
> jsm@polyomino.org.uk?  (I don't have shell access as jsm28, only as
> gccadmin.)

I got it.

> Does the subscriber list of gcc-maintainers get (semi-)automatically
> updated from MAINTAINERS using the script Gerald sent in gcc-maintainers
> message 260?

This I know nothing about.

* Re: Forwarding address for jsm28@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-10-20 23:10   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-10-20 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Jason Molenda wrote:
>> Does the subscriber list of gcc-maintainers get (semi-)automatically
>> updated from MAINTAINERS using the script Gerald sent in gcc-maintainers
>> message 260?
> This I know nothing about.

The idea is that the list of subscribers to gcc-maintainers is generated
automatically from gcc/MAINTAINERS.

Back in June, I even hacked a bit of Perl to do that (though I'm sure you
could do it in just 1.5 lines <g>) and Jeff used this to regenerate the
subscriber list.  Perhaps this could be executed regularily/automatically?

(If so, I could add it to gcc/maintainer-scripts, for example.)

Gerald

#! /usr/bin/perl -w -T
#
# Extract all maintainers' addresses from the GCC MAINTAINERS file, only
# skipping those specified in $OMIT.
#
# Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>, June 2003.

my $OMIT='rms@gnu.org|config-patches@gnu.org';

while( <> ) {
  chomp;

  if( /([\w\d.+-]+@[\w\d.-]+)/ ) {
    my $addr=$1;
    printf $addr."\n" if( not $addr =~ /$OMIT/ );

* Re: Forwarding address for jsm28@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-10-21 17:17     ` law
From: law @ 2003-10-21 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

In message <Pine.BSF.4.58.0310210106450.53725@acrux.dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, Gerald
Pfeifer writes:
 >On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Jason Molenda wrote:
 >>> Does the subscriber list of gcc-maintainers get (semi-)automatically
 >>> updated from MAINTAINERS using the script Gerald sent in gcc-maintainers
 >>> message 260?
 >> This I know nothing about.
 >
 >The idea is that the list of subscribers to gcc-maintainers is generated
 >automatically from gcc/MAINTAINERS.
 >
 >Back in June, I even hacked a bit of Perl to do that (though I'm sure you
 >could do it in just 1.5 lines <g>) and Jeff used this to regenerate the
 >subscriber list.  Perhaps this could be executed regularily/automatically?
 >
 >(If so, I could add it to gcc/maintainer-scripts, for example.)
Seems reasonable.    Hell, we could do it nightly :-)  Aren't the
cron scripts editable these days?

Jeff

* Re: Forwarding address for jsm28@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-11-02  0:06       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-11-02  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: overseers

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 law@redhat.com wrote:
>>The idea is that the list of subscribers to gcc-maintainers is generated
>>automatically from gcc/MAINTAINERS.
>>
>> Back in June, I even hacked a bit of Perl to do that (though I'm sure you
>> could do it in just 1.5 lines <g>) and Jeff used this to regenerate the
>> subscriber list.  Perhaps this could be executed regularily/automatically?
>>
>> (If so, I could add it to gcc/maintainer-scripts, for example.)
> Seems reasonable.

The script is now in CVS as maintainer-scripts/maintainer-addresses.

> Hell, we could do it nightly :-)  Aren't the cron scripts editable
> these days?

Yes, the crontab is in maintainer-scripts/crontab, where you can update
it and then (manually) install the updated version for the gccadmin user
on gcc.gnu.org.

Gerald