* GCC mirror changing IPs (fwd)
@ 2008-02-24 22:10 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2008-02-24 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Joe Laffey

Hi Guys,

who of you is familiar with the setup we provide to mirrors?  I remember
we *did* have something special at least at some point in the past, but
don't remember specifics.

Gerald

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-02-25  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Laffey; +Cc: Gerald Pfeifer, overseers

Looking at the current mirror setup, there's already an entry in the
mirrors class:
   From *.laffeycomputer.com

However looking more closely, all the mirrors only help access to cygwin
releases, not any others. There is no priority access for GCC releases (at
least not in the FTPD configuration), and the timestamp on the file is
July last year so this has been the case at least since then, but probably
ever.

Jifl

* Re: GCC mirror changing IPs (fwd)
@ 2008-02-25  3:03   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-02-25  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Laffey, overseers, Jonathan Larmour, Gerald Pfeifer

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:09:34PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> [...]

Right.  We were limiting access to only certain sites for cygwin
releases because ftp access was swamping the old sourceware's
connection.

AFAIK, there is nothing that needs to be done for a mirror.  I think
that most mirrors these days use rsync, though.

cgf