* Write-after-approval commit access for GCC
@ 2012-07-23 12:32 Jan-Benedict Glaw
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw @ 2012-07-23 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Matt Thomas, John David Anglin

Hi!

I'd like to request commit rights for GCC.  My key is already set-up
(initially for binutils, as a maintainer for the vax-linux port), and
these days, I've sent another patch (for frv-linux), which is
approved.  Nick Clifton will probably commit that for me (as a FRV
port maintainer.)

However, I'll hopefully do more GCC hacking (for the vax-linux
target), so I'd like to get commit-after-approval rights, which I
guess would ease the workflow as seen on the gcc-patches mailling
list.  Copyright assignment papers should be in place (initially
submitted for binutils maintainership) for binutils, gcc and glibc.

Back then, IIRC Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> sponsored me
becoming a VAX maintainer (for binutils), so I hope he will sponsor it
right now, too. Maybe also John David Anglin <dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>,
who gave up VAX maintainership in August 2008. (But as said: Right
now, I'm only applying for commit-after-approval.  If Matt and/or Dave
would like it, I'd also volunteer as a co-maintainer. For the
Linux-specific bits submitted by others, Matt waited for me to ACK
them in the past.)

Thanks,
Jan-Benedict

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:              Fortschritt bedeutet, einen Schritt so zu machen,

* Re: Write-after-approval commit access for GCC
@ 2012-07-24  5:36 ` Hans-Peter Nilsson
From: Hans-Peter Nilsson @ 2012-07-24  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan-Benedict Glaw; +Cc: overseers, Matt Thomas, John David Anglin

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to request commit rights for GCC.  My key is already set-up
> (initially for binutils, as a maintainer for the vax-linux port), and
> these days, I've sent another patch (for frv-linux), which is
> approved.  Nick Clifton will probably commit that for me (as a FRV
> port maintainer.)
>
> However, I'll hopefully do more GCC hacking (for the vax-linux
> target), so I'd like to get commit-after-approval rights,

Seeing as this is vacation-time and the listed people may not be
available and seeing good patches from you and having verified
papers being in place, I'll sponsor it.

brgds, H-P

* Re: Write-after-approval commit access for GCC
@ 2012-07-24  6:16   ` Matt Thomas
From: Matt Thomas @ 2012-07-24  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson; +Cc: Jan-Benedict Glaw, overseers, John David Anglin

On Jul 23, 2012, at 10:35 PM, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'd like to request commit rights for GCC.  My key is already set-up
>> (initially for binutils, as a maintainer for the vax-linux port), and
>> these days, I've sent another patch (for frv-linux), which is
>> approved.  Nick Clifton will probably commit that for me (as a FRV
>> port maintainer.)
>>
>> However, I'll hopefully do more GCC hacking (for the vax-linux
>> target), so I'd like to get commit-after-approval rights,
>
> Seeing as this is vacation-time and the listed people may not be
> available and seeing good patches from you and having verified
> papers being in place, I'll sponsor it.

I support giving Jan commit rights.

* Re: Write-after-approval commit access for GCC
@ 2012-07-24 12:02   ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2012-07-24 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson
  Cc: Jan-Benedict Glaw, overseers, Matt Thomas, John David Anglin

Hi -

hp wrote:

> Seeing as this is vacation-time and the listed people may not be
> available and seeing good patches from you and having verified
> papers being in place, I'll sponsor it [jbglaw => gcc].

Done.

- FChE

* Re: Write-after-approval commit access for GCC
@ 2012-07-24 13:53     ` Jan-Benedict Glaw
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw @ 2012-07-24 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler
  Cc: Hans-Peter Nilsson, overseers, Matt Thomas, John David Anglin