* Spams show up in binutils bug archive
@ 2020-04-04 20:46 H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 2020-04-04 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Binutils

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00051.html

is marked as spam by bugzilla.  Why did it still show up in
binutils bug archive?  There are quite a few of them in
binutils bug archive.  Shouldn't these spams be filtered out?

--
H.J.

* Re: Spams show up in binutils bug archive
@ 2020-04-04 21:40 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-04-04 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00051.html
> is marked as spam by bugzilla.  Why did it still show up in
> binutils bug archive?

Because the email was sent out before someone marked the bz as spam.

> There are quite a few of them in binutils bug archive.  Shouldn't
> these spams be filtered out?

Yes, they should, but spam blocking is not perfect.
It would help if next time you include objectionable URLs.

- FChE

* Re: Spams show up in binutils bug archive
@ 2020-04-04 22:21   ` H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 2020-04-04 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 2:40 PM Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00051.html
> > is marked as spam by bugzilla.  Why did it still show up in
> > binutils bug archive?
>
> Because the email was sent out before someone marked the bz as spam.
>
> > There are quite a few of them in binutils bug archive.  Shouldn't
> > these spams be filtered out?
>
> Yes, they should, but spam blocking is not perfect.
> It would help if next time you include objectionable URLs.

Just a few:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00051.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00048.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00047.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00046.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00045.html

When I clicked them, they have been marked as spam.

--

@ 2020-04-04 22:35     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-04-04 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> Just a few:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00051.html
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00048.html
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00047.html
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00046.html
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2020-04/msg00045.html

Ah.  That is not a sourceware server, and we don't have access to it.
If perhaps bug-binutil@ were repatriated to sourceware, we could help
keep the archives clean.

- FChE