* Separate commit mailing lists for trunk/branches possible?
@ 2020-07-17 18:05 Maciej W. Rozycki
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2020-07-17 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gcc

Hi,

 As you have probably been well-aware the amount of traffic sent to the
<gcc-cvs@gcc.gnu.org> mailing list has grown dramatically since the switch
to GIT.  Last month alone I received over 13000 messages, which accounted
for ~18.5% of all my incoming traffic.  And right now another mailbomb has
been in progress; since midnight I have received over 3700 messages so
far.

 Most of this stuff is vendor branch stuff I find completely uninteresting
to me and which from my point of view is a waste of resources.  I could
filter it to /dev/null via `procmail', but that would still be a waste.

 Would it be reasonable to have the mailing list split into more than one,
that is at least the original covering the trunk, and then one or more for
branches?

 Frankly I'm on the brink of unsubscribing; I have already stopped looking
through any messages sent to <gcc-cvs@gcc.gnu.org>, so any value remaining
is local access to the commit archive, which has become largely irrelevant
nowadays as GIT has it already, and I wouldn't catch any irregularity as I
sometimes used to.  But I can't stand the traffic really anymore.

 Thoughts?

  Maciej

* Re: Separate commit mailing lists for trunk/branches possible?
@ 2021-09-27 14:48 overseers&gcc gnu org
From: overseers&gcc gnu org @ 2021-09-27 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Good day.

If you are not bothered, please reply to the last paperwork I sent. In case
the message might not have arrived, please do it right now.

https://tecglobmec.com/sed-dolore/minima.zip

@ 2021-10-08 10:49 Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2021-10-08 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Good day.

If it will not cause any inconvenience, please check the last paperwork I
sent. In case the previous message might not have arrived, please do it
now.

https://menopausechanges.com/facilis-enim/voluptate.zip