* Re: gcc/DATESTAMP not updated any longer
       [not found]       ` <alpine.DEB.2.22.394.2011031824350.551925@digraph.polyomino.org.uk>
@ 2020-11-05 14:32         ` Jakub Jelinek
From: Jakub Jelinek @ 2020-11-05 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Joseph Myers

On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 06:26:58PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2020, Jakub Jelinek via Gcc wrote:
>
> > It isn't that easy (because update_version_git checks the gcc trunk and
> > so I had to insert a sh invocation in which I've tweaked it), but it worked,
> > thanks.  But something is really wrong with the hooks, as the gcc-cvs mail
> > for the trunk daily bump wasn't sent again (r10, r9 and r8 changes did).
>
> I think any issue with an email not sent to gcc-cvs should be raised with
> overseers or postmaster; they'll need to check logs at the exact time to
> see if the email was ever submitted by the hooks to the MTA (and at least
> part of the mail sending from the hooks is I think asynchronous so any
> issues might not be reported back to the git commit command).  If it was
> submitted to the MTA, the problem is with the MTA or mailman.  If it was
> not submitted to the MTA, Joel might be able to advise on how to
> instrument the process of email sending from the hooks to see where it
> went wrong.

The mails that are missing from gcc-cvs (both archives and haven't been
delivered to me) are e.g.
"[gcc r11-4730] Daily bump." mail from 00:17 GMT today, ditto yesterday
"[gcc r11-4702] Daily bump.", ditto from 3 days ago
"[gcc r11-4631] Daily bump.",
but it isn't just the daily bumps, e.g. on September 17th, I don't see mails
"[gcc r8-10474]"
through
"[gcc r8-10514]"
inclusive being mailed nor making it into gcc bugzilla through gcc-bugs ml
(it was part of a git push of 61 commits together, and only the first 20
got mailed and remaining 41 didn't).
Could somebody from overseers please have a a look at the mail logs?

Thanks.

	Jakub

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-05 14:32 UTC | newest]