* Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-14 19:02 Fangrui Song
From: Fangrui Song @ 2024-02-14 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: jwakely

Hello,

I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
write-after-approval access (username: maskray).
Jonathan Wakely has agreed to be the sponsor.

I already have write access to binutils-gdb and glibc.

(Apologies for my January request before I got a sponsor.)

Regards,
Fangrui

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-16 10:22 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2024-02-16 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fangrui Song via Overseers; +Cc: overseers, Fangrui Song, jwakely

Hi Fangrui,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 11:02:16AM -0800, Fangrui Song via Overseers wrote:
> I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
> write-after-approval access (username: maskray).

Note that page should tell you to contact admin-requests@sourceware.org
(overseers is a public list for generic infrastructure discussions,
admin-requests a private list for account issues).

> Jonathan Wakely has agreed to be the sponsor.

Good, and CCed. If Jonathan could ack we'll make it happen.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-16 10:51   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2024-02-16 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: Fangrui Song via Overseers, overseers, Fangrui Song

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 at 10:28, Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> wrote:

> Hi Fangrui,
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 11:02:16AM -0800, Fangrui Song via Overseers wrote:
> > I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
> > write-after-approval access (username: maskray).
>
> Note that page should tell you to contact admin-requests@sourceware.org
> (overseers is a public list for generic infrastructure discussions,
> admin-requests a private list for account issues).
>
> > Jonathan Wakely has agreed to be the sponsor.
>
> Good, and CCed. If Jonathan could ack we'll make it happen.

Please go ahead, I'm happy to sponsor Fangrui.

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-16 12:45     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2024-02-16 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely via Overseers; +Cc: Jonathan Wakely, overseers, Fangrui Song

On Fri, 2024-02-16 at 10:51 +0000, Jonathan Wakely via Overseers wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 at 10:28, Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 11:02:16AM -0800, Fangrui Song via Overseers wrote:
> > > I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
> > > write-after-approval access (username: maskray).
> >
> > Note that page should tell you to contact admin-requests@sourceware.org
> > (overseers is a public list for generic infrastructure discussions,
> > admin-requests a private list for account issues).
> >
> > > Jonathan Wakely has agreed to be the sponsor.
> >
> > Good, and CCed. If Jonathan could ack we'll make it happen.
>
> Please go ahead, I'm happy to sponsor Fangrui.

Great. Welcome Fangrui! You have been added to the gcc group.
Everything should work as is just with s/sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org/ in
your settings when working  with the gcc project. See
also https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html#account and
https://sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-16 18:46       ` Fangrui Song
From: Fangrui Song @ 2024-02-16 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: Jonathan Wakely via Overseers, Jonathan Wakely, overseers

On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 4:45 AM Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2024-02-16 at 10:51 +0000, Jonathan Wakely via Overseers wrote:
> > >
> > > Note that page should tell you to contact admin-requests@sourceware.org
> > > (overseers is a public list for generic infrastructure discussions,
> > > admin-requests a private list for account issues).

> > > Good, and CCed. If Jonathan could ack we'll make it happen.
> >
> > Please go ahead, I'm happy to sponsor Fangrui.
>
> Great. Welcome Fangrui! You have been added to the gcc group.

Thanks for the sponsorship (Jonathan) and for setting up the account (Mark)!

> Everything should work as is just with s/sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org/ in
> your settings when working  with the gcc project. See
> also https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html#account and
> https://sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html

Thanks for the links. I have just executed contrib/gcc-git-customization.sh.
Aha, I did not notice the page
https://sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html before.

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-18 18:10   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2024-02-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Fangrui Song; +Cc: jwakely

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024, Mark Wielaard via Overseers wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 11:02:16AM -0800, Fangrui Song via Overseers wrote:
>> I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
>> write-after-approval access (username: maskray).
> Note that page should tell you to contact admin-requests@sourceware.org
> (overseers is a public list for generic infrastructure discussions,
> admin-requests a private list for account issues).

It actually does that since the following commit to the GCC web pages:

  commit 1e8d94c15d64796ba2ea5abadc3b5e48ff964801
  Author: Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org>
  Date:   Thu Jan 11 06:40:05 2024 -0500

    tweak for sourceware account request alias

Fangrui (and anyone else): is there a stale reference to overseers@ that
we have been missing?

Gerald

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-19  7:35     ` Fangrui Song
From: Fangrui Song @ 2024-02-19  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, jwakely

On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 10:10 AM Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024, Mark Wielaard via Overseers wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 11:02:16AM -0800, Fangrui Song via Overseers wrote:
> >> I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
> >> write-after-approval access (username: maskray).
> > Note that page should tell you to contact admin-requests@sourceware.org
> > (overseers is a public list for generic infrastructure discussions,
> > admin-requests a private list for account issues).
>
> It actually does that since the following commit to the GCC web pages:
>
>   commit 1e8d94c15d64796ba2ea5abadc3b5e48ff964801
>   Author: Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org>
>   Date:   Thu Jan 11 06:40:05 2024 -0500
>
>     tweak for sourceware account request alias
>
> Fangrui (and anyone else): is there a stale reference to overseers@ that
> we have been missing?
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I think the documentation is up-to-date. I see that the commit
https://gcc.gnu.org/cgit/gcc-wwwdocs/commit/?id=1e8d94c15d64796ba2ea5abadc3b5e48ff964801
updated https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html

I used overseers@ by mistake as overseers@sourceware.org has been deep
in my mind... Sorry for the confusion I caused.

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-02-19  9:44       ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2024-02-19  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fangrui Song via Overseers; +Cc: Gerald Pfeifer, Fangrui Song, jwakely

Hi Fangrui,

On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 11:35:16PM -0800, Fangrui Song via Overseers wrote:
> I think the documentation is up-to-date. I see that the commit
> https://gcc.gnu.org/cgit/gcc-wwwdocs/commit/?id=1e8d94c15d64796ba2ea5abadc3b5e48ff964801
> updated https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html
>
> I used overseers@ by mistake as overseers@sourceware.org has been deep
> in my mind... Sorry for the confusion I caused.

No worries. We like to be efficient. But we aren't robots that won't
help you if you use the wrong form to be processed :)

Happy hacking,

Mark

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-01-11 18:46   ` Fangrui Song
From: Fangrui Song @ 2024-01-11 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 3:34 AM Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> > I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
> > access (username: maskray) so that I can land approved changes of mine
> > by myself. [...]
>
> GCC commit access must be sponsored by an existing GCC maintainer.
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html#authenticated
>
> - FChE

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I'd like to name Carlos O'Donell as my sponsor. (Carlos, thanks! )

* Re: Authenticated access for gcc
@ 2024-01-11 11:34 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2024-01-11 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

@ 2024-01-11  3:57 Fangrui Song
From: Fangrui Song @ 2024-01-11  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello,

I am following https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html here to request GCC
access (username: maskray) so that I can land approved changes of mine
by myself.
I've made a few changes to GCC and last time Uros Bizjak pushed the
patch (https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2023-October/633165.html)
for me.

I already have write access to binutils-gdb and glibc.

ssh://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git
ssh://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git

Regards,
Fangrui