* GDB Gnats is eating my submissions!
@ 2007-09-10 17:53 Wesley W. Garland
From: Wesley W. Garland @ 2007-09-10 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: wes

Hey, Guys!

(Thanks for the pointer, Daniel)

I'm trying to report a bug in GDB that inexplicably affects a LOT of my
code when building under gcc3.4 and Solaris 10 for gdb 6.x. (It's a
problem in dwarf2read.c and/or the format of the executable.. I don't know
enough about DWARF2 to comment more specifically).

Anyhow, I've tried twice now (once last week, once today) to submit this
bug, and it doesn't show up in gnats. I can't for the life of me figure
out why.  I have filled out all the required fields, typed at length,
selected category symtab, not confidential, serious, medium, sw-bug. I
attached a 460K tar ball with a bunch of debug info and a sample
executable. I have not gotten any email about it, and I HAVE checked my
spam filter.

Can anybody help me out? I'd really like to file this bug, it has come up
before in the list, but the reporter never filed a bug nor sent along an
executable. I have a test case that is -- I believe -- 100% replicable on
my environment (GNU tool chain as shipped with Solaris 10 for SPARC
platforms), and triggered when the executable is first loaded (before
run).

Oh -- I'm not on this list. If you could CC me on replies, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Wes

--