* Re: Patch tracker problems ("`gsub' called for nil:NilClass")
       [not found] <4.3.1.2.20070409211449.0212d090@cits1.stanford.edu>
@ 2007-04-10 15:33 ` Daniel Berlin
       [not found] ` <4aca3dc20704100833h470e7ba6xcf4aee76df625b8d@mail.gmail.co m>
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2007-04-10 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brooks Moses; +Cc: overseers

On 4/10/07, Brooks Moses <bmoses@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Daniel -
>
> I'm trying to add the following four patches to the tracker, but I keep
> getting an error of "Maillist url private method `gsub' called for
> nil:NilClass" from the http://www.dberlin.org/patches/patches/create page.

They aren't in the raw message queue for some reason.
The parser grabs the raw message using the "raw text" link that exists
on each page.
Overseers, any idea why these messages haven't made it into the raw
message archive?

@ 2007-04-11  1:06   ` Brooks Moses
From: Brooks Moses @ 2007-04-11  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: overseers

At 08:33 AM 4/10/2007, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>On 4/10/07, Brooks Moses <bmoses@stanford.edu> wrote:
>>I'm trying to add the following four patches to the tracker, but I keep
>>getting an error of "Maillist url private method `gsub' called for
>>nil:NilClass" from the http://www.dberlin.org/patches/patches/create page.
>>
>>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00293.html
>>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00289.html
>>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00286.html
>>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00288.html
>
>They aren't in the raw message queue for some reason.
>The parser grabs the raw message using the "raw text" link that exists
>on each page.
>Overseers, any idea why these messages haven't made it into the raw
>message archive?

Huh, interesting.  It may be relevant that I posted these via the GMANE
mail-to-news gateway, rather than by mailing gcc-patches@ directly.  I
shouldn't think that would cause a problem, but perhaps it does.

(If that's the case, and it's a reliable problem, might that also explain
why my :ADDPATCH: entries only sporadically "work", as well?)

Thanks for looking into this!
- Brooks

* Re: Patch tracker problems ("`gsub' called for nil:NilClass")
@ 2007-04-11  2:10     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2007-04-11  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brooks Moses; +Cc: overseers

On 4/10/07, Brooks Moses <bmoses@stanford.edu> wrote:
> At 08:33 AM 4/10/2007, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >On 4/10/07, Brooks Moses <bmoses@stanford.edu> wrote:
> >>I'm trying to add the following four patches to the tracker, but I keep
> >>getting an error of "Maillist url private method `gsub' called for
> >>nil:NilClass" from the http://www.dberlin.org/patches/patches/create page.
> >>
> >>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00293.html
> >>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00289.html
> >>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00286.html
> >>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg00288.html
> >
> >They aren't in the raw message queue for some reason.
> >The parser grabs the raw message using the "raw text" link that exists
> >on each page.
> >Overseers, any idea why these messages haven't made it into the raw
> >message archive?
>
> Huh, interesting.  It may be relevant that I posted these via the GMANE
> mail-to-news gateway, rather than by mailing gcc-patches@ directly.  I
> shouldn't think that would cause a problem, but perhaps it does.
>
> (If that's the case, and it's a reliable problem, might that also explain
> why my :ADDPATCH: entries only sporadically "work", as well?)

They both use the same code, they just go through a different interface.