* gdb git mirror (http://sourceware.org/git/gdb.git) wedged?
@ 2013-03-05 18:33 Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2013-03-05 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello!

GDB's git mirror at http://sourceware.org/git/gdb.git seems to
be wedged.  The last update from cvs was the daily update
commits overnight:

 commit 5e16cbd55ff6fc0ca2db757d4cca4b9da102d0bc
 Author: gdbadmin <gdbadmin@sourceware.org>
 Date:   Tue Mar 5 00:00:03 2013 +0000

    *** empty log message ***

 commit d2169b1b530a4555587128747942994e4d7a95d2
 Author: Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au>
 Date:   Mon Mar 4 23:00:06 2013 +0000

    daily update

but 4 commits have gone into CVS today, and
they aren't in git yet.  The first of which was almost
5 hours ago:

 CVSROOT:	/cvs/src
 Module name:	src
 Changes by:	corinna@sourceware.org	2013-03-05 13:37:11

 Modified files:
	gdb            : ChangeLog configure.host configure.tgt
	gdb/gdbserver  : ChangeLog configure.srv
 Added files:
	gdb/config/i386: cygwin64.mh

 Log message:
	* configure.host: Add x86_64-*-cygwin* as host.
	* configure.tgt: Add x86_64-*-cygwin* as target.
	* config/i386/cygwin64.mh: New file.

	* gdbserver/configure.srv: Add x86_64-*-cygwin* as target.

The git mirror usually should be updating
at about a 10/30 minute frequency or so.

--
Pedro Alves

* Re: gdb git mirror (http://sourceware.org/git/gdb.git) wedged?
@ 2013-03-06 16:49   ` Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2013-03-06 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Law; +Cc: overseers

On 03/06/2013 04:23 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 03/06/2013 09:20 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
>> Maybe it's just a sourceware.org-is-overloaded issue.
>> (I have no shell access to be able to check/see that
>> myself.)
> Load seems to be in the 16-22 range..

I don't know how many cores are there in the system,
but I'll assume that's "very overloaded".  :-)

> We've had a lot of problems with the box being overloaded lately.  There was supposed to be new hardware, but I'm not sure about the status of getting those boxes setup.

Ack, thanks.

--

@ 2013-03-06 16:23 ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2013-03-06 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Alves; +Cc: overseers

On 03/06/2013 09:20 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
> It seems updates are happening, though slower than usual.
>
> Overnight yesterday's commits ended up flowing to git,
> and today, I've noticed today's cvs commits taking more
> than usual to end up in git.  They're all there now.
>
> Maybe it's just a sourceware.org-is-overloaded issue.
> (I have no shell access to be able to check/see that
> myself.)
Load seems to be in the 16-22 range..

We've had a lot of problems with the box being overloaded lately.  There
was supposed to be new hardware, but I'm not sure about the status of
getting those boxes setup.

jeff

* Re: gdb git mirror (http://sourceware.org/git/gdb.git) wedged?
@ 2013-03-06 16:20 Pedro Alves