* access to binutils-gdb.git
@ 2016-01-20 14:56 taylor, david
From: taylor, david @ 2016-01-20 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: overseers

Tom,

If I go to http://sourceware.org/git/ and click on the summary link  of the
binutils-gdb.git line, it lists you as the owner.  My apologies if that is wrong.

For months I updated a local clone of the binutils-gdb repository using the http
protocol.  And it worked.  Recently it stopped working.  At first I thought that
EMC had updated their firewall and that that was why it stopped working.

Turns out that attempts to connect with the http protocol return:

    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /git/binutils-gdb.git/ on this server.

Is use of the http URL no longer supported?  Or is the web server misconfigured?
Or something else?

Thanks.

* Re: access to binutils-gdb.git
@ 2016-01-20 15:07 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-01-20 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: taylor, david; +Cc: tromey, overseers

Hi, David -

> [...] For months I updated a local clone of the binutils-gdb
> repository using the http protocol.  And it worked.  Recently it
> stopped working.  [...]  Forbidden You don't have permission to
> access /git/binutils-gdb.git/ on this server.  [...]

I guess you don't have access to git: or ssh: instead?

We blacklist some IP address ranges due to a history of abuse.  Do you
have any idea what the outgoing address of your connections might be?

- FChE

* RE: access to binutils-gdb.git
@ 2016-01-20 15:35   ` taylor, david
From: taylor, david @ 2016-01-20 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: tromey, overseers

Hello Frank.

[BTW, Tom's address bounced for me.]

Sadly, I do not know the outgoing address.  My desktop has a private address.
I don't know what it shows up as externally.  And the last machine shown by
traceroute before sourceware.org has a 10.x.y.z address with no name.

IT blocks git but not http.  I first tried git and it failed.  Then I tried http and it worked
-- for months.  It was working when I left for vacation in December (use it or lose it
vacation policy).  Now, January it doesn't work.  At first I blamed EMC IT.

I can connect to http://sourceware.org just fine.  And even http://sourceware.org/git/ .
But, when I try to connect to http://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git, I have problems.
Does the blacklist make the distinction?  Does the git port not have a blacklist?

I have asked IT about the possibility of using the git port instead of the http port.
No answer as yet.

@ 2016-04-11 16:07 taylor, david
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-04-11 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: taylor, david; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> Is anonymous read-only access, via git protocol, to binutils-gdb.git
> repository on sourceware.org down?

It's up generally & currently.  During brief periods of high (>48.0)
load average, the service is throttled.  This URL gives you a recent
curve; indeed there was a brief peak about five minutes ago.

https://sourceware.org/graphite/render?from=-15min&until=now&format=png&height=245&hideLegend=false&target=*.kernel.all.load.1+minute&width=989

- FChE

* Access to binutils-gdb.git
@ 2016-04-11 15:43 taylor, david
From: taylor, david @ 2016-04-11 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Is anonymous read-only access, via git protocol, to binutils-gdb.git repository on sourceware.org down?

Or do I need to complain to EMC's IT department?

Thanks.