* libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 15:11 ` Benjamin Kosnik
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-04-21 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, mark

Hey y'all,

I've just finished checking in libstdc++-v3 as a sub-directory of the
egcs module. This begins the transition over from the cvs/libstdc++
CVS repository to the new home within egcs CVS. A few bits remain:

1) Is it possible to remove the old repository? Or to somehow keep
   people from being able to check it out?

2) I need a 'libstdc++-v3' module (or some such name, but 'libstdc++'
   is already a module and checks out libstdc++ and libio) so that
   people can check out just libstdc++-v3.

3) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to reflect checkins in
   the new repository, not the old one.

4) The documentation in the CVS repository is the basis for the
   libstdc++-v3 on-line documentation. This needs to be moved over to
   point to the egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs directory instead of what's
   currently in place.

Help please!

Benjamin

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 17:13   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-04-21 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers, mark

Benjamin> 1) Is it possible to remove the old repository? Or to
Benjamin>    somehow keep people from being able to check it out?

It is, if that is what you really want.
I thought maybe you would have preferred to copy over the ,v files and
thus keep the revision history.

Benjamin> 2) I need a 'libstdc++-v3' module (or some such name, but
Benjamin>    'libstdc++' is already a module and checks out libstdc++
Benjamin>    and libio) so that people can check out just
Benjamin>    libstdc++-v3.

You can do this by editing the gcc modules file.
"cvs co CVSROOT"

Benjamin> 3) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to reflect
Benjamin>    checkins in the new repository, not the old one.

You can do this by editing the gcc commit scripts.

Benjamin> 4) The documentation in the CVS repository is the basis for
Benjamin>    the libstdc++-v3 on-line documentation. This needs to be
Benjamin>    moved over to point to the egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs
Benjamin>    directory instead of what's currently in place.

I'm not sure I know what you are talking about here.  Which CVS
repository do you mean?  What should be moved where?

Tom

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 17:35   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-04-21 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers, mark

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 03:11:47PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> I've just finished checking in libstdc++-v3 as a sub-directory of the
> egcs module. This begins the transition over from the cvs/libstdc++
> CVS repository to the new home within egcs CVS.

I would agree with TomT that you probably want to blow away this checkin
of the sources and copy the repository files directly.  You'll be able
to retain the revision history on this directory, which is (obviously)
very desirable.

Assuming you've committed no new changes to the GCC dir yet, you'd
do it like this:

 % rm -rf /cvs/gcc/egcs/libstdc++-v3
 % mkdir /cvs/gcc/egcs/libstdc++-v3
 % (cd /cvs/libstdc++/libstdc++ ; tar cf - . ) | \
   (cd /cvs/gcc/egcs/libstdc++-v3 ; tar xvBpf -)

> 1) Is it possible to remove the old repository? Or to somehow keep
>    people from being able to check it out?

I would just remove everyone from the libstdc++ group (which makes it
read-only) and check that no one has libstdc++ as their default group
in /etc/passwd (and change them over to 'gcc' if there are).

Anyone with a checked out tree of libstdc++ is going to have to switch
to the new GCC repository one (or check out a new tree).  One script
which can update the CVS/Repository and CVS/Root files in a checked out
tree is at

	http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/egcs/contrib/newcvsroot?rev=1.1.2.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

You might want to experiment with it to find the correct parameters that
your developers/users should use to update their trees, then post it with
instructions.

> 3) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to reflect checkins in
>    the new repository, not the old one.

If you want a separate commit list, you should probably get Jeff
to create a gcc-libstdc++-cvs@gcc.gnu.org and move over the subscriber
list from the current libstdc++-cvs list.

> 4) The documentation in the CVS repository is the basis for the
>    libstdc++-v3 on-line documentation. This needs to be moved over to
>    point to the egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs directory instead of what's
>    currently in place.

You'll need to slightly modify the auto_checkout script in libstdc++'s
CVSROOT to handle its new location, copy it into GCC's CVSROOT
under a different name (e.g. libstdc++-auto-checkout) and add a
line to commitinfo for your new subdir to catch it right.  You can
copy everything from the libstdc++ CVSROOT with minor tweaking for
the new location.

Jason

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 17:42   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2000-04-21 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: overseers

    Benjamin> 2) I need a 'libstdc++-v3' module (or some such name,
    Benjamin> but 'libstdc++' is already a module and checks out
    Benjamin> libstdc++ and libio) so that people can check out just
    Benjamin> libstdc++-v3.

I think this is the only one I can do.  I've made an attempt; see what
happens if you checkout libstdc++-v3 from the GCC CVS area.

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 17:47     ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2000-04-21 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason-swarelist; +Cc: bkoz, overseers

    Jason> On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 03:11:47PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik
    Jason> wrote:

    >> I've just finished checking in libstdc++-v3 as a sub-directory
    >> of the egcs module. This begins the transition over from the
    >> cvs/libstdc++ CVS repository to the new home within egcs CVS.

    Jason> I would agree with TomT that you probably want to blow away
    Jason> this checkin of the sources and copy the repository files
    Jason> directly.  You'll be able to retain the revision history on
    Jason> this directory, which is (obviously) very desirable.

I pointed out that doing it the way Benjamin did would cause a loss of
revision history; he seemed cool with that.  I advised Benjamin to do
it this way because copying the ,v files around doesn't work in some
situations -- for instance, checking out tagged versions of old
sources can confuse CVS when you do this.

I think that as long as Benjamin is OK with losing the revision
history (well, it's still there -- just harder to find because you
have to go look in another CVS archive), this is fine as is.

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 18:04       ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-04-21 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: bkoz, overseers

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 05:55:36PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> I pointed out that doing it the way Benjamin did would cause a loss of
> revision history; he seemed cool with that.

I think it's a mistake--good revision history is critical in tracing
the changes of a file, is often useful in bug-hunting, and it won't
take any real effort to retain the history.

> I advised Benjamin to do
> it this way because copying the ,v files around doesn't work in some
> situations -- for instance, checking out tagged versions of old
> sources can confuse CVS when you do this.

The only problem would be if a the same tag/branch was used both
in the GCC repository and the old libstdc++-v3 repository -- then
you'd get a confused tree if you checked out against that tag/branch.
However, there is no overlap between the tags/branches of these
two repositories.

If you drop libstdc++-v3 in to the GCC repository and do a 'cvs co
-r gcc-2_95-branch', the new libstdc++-v3 directory will be ignored
because this branch is not present.  Similarly, if you were to
check out the 'isolib' tag on libstdc++-v3 (one of two tags it has :-),
all of gcc would be ignored because that tag is not present in
those files.

> I think that as long as Benjamin is OK with losing the revision
> history (well, it's still there -- just harder to find because you
> have to go look in another CVS archive), this is fine as is.

OK, I'm just throwing in my two cents.  I wouldn't depend on a
read-only, static repository staying around forever--who knows what
kind of decisions someone might make down the line.  Maybe a year
from now some new administrator of sourceware will say, "Hey, let's
clean up some of these dead repositories on sourceware" (there are
about half a dozen of them right now) and they'll blow away libstdc++
in the process.

Jason

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 23:13         ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2000-04-21 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason-swarelist; +Cc: bkoz, overseers

    Jason> On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 05:55:36PM -0700, Mark Mitchell
    Jason> wrote:

    >> I pointed out that doing it the way Benjamin did would cause a
    >> loss of revision history; he seemed cool with that.

    Jason> I think it's a mistake--good revision history is critical
    Jason> in tracing the changes of a file, is often useful in
    Jason> bug-hunting, and it won't take any real effort to retain
    Jason> the history.

I have no strong feeling.  If Benjamin wants to do the ,v thing,
that's cool with me.

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-21 23:29           ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-04-21 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: jason-swarelist, bkoz, overseers

Mark Mitchell wrote:

>     Jason> On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 05:55:36PM -0700, Mark Mitchell
>     Jason> wrote:
>
>     >> I pointed out that doing it the way Benjamin did would cause a
>     >> loss of revision history; he seemed cool with that.
>
>     Jason> I think it's a mistake--good revision history is critical
>     Jason> in tracing the changes of a file, is often useful in
>     Jason> bug-hunting, and it won't take any real effort to retain
>     Jason> the history.
>
> I have no strong feeling.  If Benjamin wants to do the ,v thing,
> that's cool with me.

Having been in the middle of the merge of GDB + BINUTILS, keeping as
much history as possible is very valuable.  Even GDB, which just had
perodic imports into its repository, benefited from the retention of the
old ,v files.

I'd suggest going with what JasonM recommended.

	Andrew

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-24 10:08   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-04-24 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers, mark

  In message < 200004212211.PAA01251@haight.constant.com >you write:
  > 1) Is it possible to remove the old repository? Or to somehow keep
  >    people from being able to check it out?
If we're not going to keep it, then I suggest we remove it (or rename it)
so that people won't be tempted to do anything with their existing
repository.

  > 2) I need a 'libstdc++-v3' module (or some such name, but 'libstdc++'
  >    is already a module and checks out libstdc++ and libio) so that
  >    people can check out just libstdc++-v3.
I think someone (Mark?) already took care of that.

  > 3) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to reflect checkins in
  >    the new repository, not the old one.
Actually I think checkin messages should go to gcc-cvs, just like everything
else in the gcc repository.  I don't see the benefit in separating out the
cvs checkin messages for just libstdc++.

  > 4) The documentation in the CVS repository is the basis for the
  >    libstdc++-v3 on-line documentation. This needs to be moved over to
  >    point to the egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs directory instead of what's
  >    currently in place.
I'm not sure I 100% follow.

It might be best to describe what we currently do for everything else and
see if that's similar to what you need.  If so, then setting this up will
be trivial.  Else it will be more difficult.

We have a script that runs each night.  It uses texi2html to translate the
.texi documentation into web pages.  The generated .html files are copied
into the online documentation section of our web pages.

If that's suitable, then all I need to know to add the V3 documentation
is the name(s) of the texinfo files which are the root of your documentation.
(ie, what file do you run texinfo on?)

jeff

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-24 10:11     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-04-24 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

>> 3) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to reflect checkins in
>> the new repository, not the old one.

Jeff> Actually I think checkin messages should go to gcc-cvs, just
Jeff> like everything else in the gcc repository.  I don't see the
Jeff> benefit in separating out the cvs checkin messages for just
Jeff> libstdc++.

Speaking as someone whose library might someday be integrated into the
gcc tree: I sure see the benefit.  I don't want to wade through 1000
gcc commits just to see the 3 libgcj commits I'm interested in.

Messages can be CC'd to the gcc list if you want to see them that way
for some reason.

Tom

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-24 10:31       ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-04-24 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

  In message < 200004241710.KAA11992@ferrule.cygnus.com >you write:
  > >> 3) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to reflect checkins in
  > >> the new repository, not the old one.
  >
  > Jeff> Actually I think checkin messages should go to gcc-cvs, just
  > Jeff> like everything else in the gcc repository.  I don't see the
  > Jeff> benefit in separating out the cvs checkin messages for just
  > Jeff> libstdc++.
  >
  > Speaking as someone whose library might someday be integrated into the
  > gcc tree: I sure see the benefit.  I don't want to wade through 1000
  > gcc commits just to see the 3 libgcj commits I'm interested in.
  >
  > Messages can be CC'd to the gcc list if you want to see them that way
  > for some reason.
I don't feel strongly about it, so if y'all want it, I'm not going to
complain loudly :-)

jeff

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-24 10:32     ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-04-24 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 09:59:47AM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   > 4) The documentation in the CVS repository is the basis for the
>   >    libstdc++-v3 on-line documentation. This needs to be moved over to
>   >    point to the egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs directory instead of what's
>   >    currently in place.
> I'm not sure I 100% follow.

Benjamin has the web pages right in the source directory; it allows
him to publish distributions with all of the documentation included.
Whatever.  It's different than what other packages do, but I don't
see it as particularly better or worse.

The important point is that he has a (ever so slightly) customized
script which does the check-out/updating of these pages in the web
server's htdocs dir.  It just needs to be tweaked a little to
recognize the new repo location and to throw its files into
/www/gcc/htdocs/libstdc++ or something instead of the old location.

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-24 10:58       ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-04-24 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

  In message < 20000424103205.B12921@shell17.ba.best.com >you write:
  > On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 09:59:47AM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
  >
  > >   > 4) The documentation in the CVS repository is the basis for the
  > >   >    libstdc++-v3 on-line documentation. This needs to be moved over to
  > >   >    point to the egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs directory instead of what's
  > >   >    currently in place.
  > > I'm not sure I 100% follow.
  >

  > Benjamin has the web pages right in the source directory; it allows
  > him to publish distributions with all of the documentation included.
  > Whatever.  It's different than what other packages do, but I don't
  > see it as particularly better or worse.
OK.  I've got no problems with it being updated from Benjamin's private
script.

  > The important point is that he has a (ever so slightly) customized
  > script which does the check-out/updating of these pages in the web
  > server's htdocs dir.  It just needs to be tweaked a little to
  > recognize the new repo location and to throw its files into
  > /www/gcc/htdocs/libstdc++ or something instead of the old location.
/sourceware/www/gcc/htdocs/onlinedocs  would be the right place I think.
It's probably worth providing normal & compressed versions for the libstdc++
docs just like we do for all the others.

Benjamin -- I need a pointer to the toplevel page so that I can add
it to the index file for the online documentation.
jeff

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-26 14:56       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-04-26 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Mark Mitchell

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Speaking as someone whose library might someday be integrated into the
> gcc tree: I sure see the benefit.  I don't want to wade through 1000
> gcc commits just to see the 3 libgcj commits I'm interested in.

I think the better approach here would be to filter your incoming mail
using procmail (for example). That way it's much more flexible and also
simpler from the sourceware side -- just imagine every port maintainer
of GCC asking for a list of his own!

Gerald

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-26 15:00         ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-04-26 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, Mark Mitchell

>> Speaking as someone whose library might someday be integrated into the
>> gcc tree: I sure see the benefit.  I don't want to wade through 1000
>> gcc commits just to see the 3 libgcj commits I'm interested in.

Gerald> I think the better approach here would be to filter your
Gerald> incoming mail using procmail (for example).

I disagree.

Gerald> just imagine every port maintainer of GCC asking for a list of
Gerald> his own!

This is a strawman.  It won't happen.

Tom

* libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Benjamin Kosnik
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, mark

[...]

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Tom Tromey
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

@ 2000-12-30  6:08     ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: bkoz, overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

@ 2000-12-30  6:08     ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Mark Mitchell

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason-swarelist; +Cc: bkoz, overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08       ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, Mark Mitchell

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 09:59:47AM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   > 4) The documentation in the CVS repository is the basis for the
>   >    libstdc++-v3 on-line documentation. This needs to be moved over to
>   >    point to the egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs directory instead of what's
>   >    currently in place.
> I'm not sure I 100% follow.

Benjamin has the web pages right in the source directory; it allows
him to publish distributions with all of the documentation included.
Whatever.  It's different than what other packages do, but I don't
see it as particularly better or worse.

The important point is that he has a (ever so slightly) customized
script which does the check-out/updating of these pages in the web
server's htdocs dir.  It just needs to be tweaked a little to
recognize the new repo location and to throw its files into
/www/gcc/htdocs/libstdc++ or something instead of the old location.

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers, mark

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: overseers

    Benjamin> 2) I need a 'libstdc++-v3' module (or some such name,
    Benjamin> but 'libstdc++' is already a module and checks out
    Benjamin> libstdc++ and libio) so that people can check out just
    Benjamin> libstdc++-v3.

I think this is the only one I can do.  I've made an attempt; see what
happens if you checkout libstdc++-v3 from the GCC CVS area.

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jason Molenda
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers, mark

@ 2000-12-30  6:08         ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: jason-swarelist, bkoz, overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08       ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason-swarelist; +Cc: bkoz, overseers

From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Benjamin Kosnik, overseers, mark

  In message < 200004241710.KAA11992@ferrule.cygnus.com >you write:
  > >> 3) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to reflect checkins in
  > >> the new repository, not the old one.
  >
  > Jeff> Actually I think checkin messages should go to gcc-cvs, just
  > Jeff> like everything else in the gcc repository.  I don't see the
  > Jeff> benefit in separating out the cvs checkin messages for just
  > Jeff> libstdc++.
  >
  > Speaking as someone whose library might someday be integrated into the
  > gcc tree: I sure see the benefit.  I don't want to wade through 1000
  > gcc commits just to see the 3 libgcj commits I'm interested in.
  >
  > Messages can be CC'd to the gcc list if you want to see them that way
  > for some reason.
I don't feel strongly about it, so if y'all want it, I'm not going to
complain loudly :-)

jeff

* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jeffrey A Law
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers, mark

       [not found] <39014BB3.B681D244@nabi.net>
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

These are the instructions I got. If they are incorrect, please, somebody
give me the "cvs for dummies" replacement. I'm not a CVS hacker.

I don't care about history. I do care about having a module named
'libstdc++-v3', about getting the libstdc++-cvs list updated, and having
the HTML point to the correct repository.

If somebody else wants to fix the repository, cool.

-Benjamin

From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

The module 'libstdc++-v3' works now, thanks Mark!

I'm going to go ahead and keep the current repository as is, without
history. I appreciate all the feedback about this, however.

On to other bits:

1) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com

Yes, I would like a separate list just for libstdc++-v3 check
ins. This is what we currently have, and it is low-volume enough to
actually subscribe to, so yes, I'd like to keep it. Here's how this
might be accomplished:

tom:
"You can do this by editing the gcc commit scripts."

jason:
"If you want a separate commit list, you should probably get Jeff to
create a gcc-libstdc++-cvs@gcc.gnu.org and move over the subscriber
list from the current libstdc++-cvs list."

Hmm. Jeff, is there anyway you can take care of this?

2) libstdc++ web page

Yeah. I'd like to keep separate libstdc++ web pages and mailing lists
for now. I'm trying to make the transition as easy as possible, and if
we want to change this in the future, we can deal with it then.

This is the documentation link in question:

src.egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs/index.html
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++

jason says:
"You'll need to slightly modify the auto_checkout script in
libstdc++'s CVSROOT to handle its new location, copy it into GCC's
CVSROOT under a different name (e.g. libstdc++-auto-checkout) and add
a line to commitinfo for your new subdir to catch it right.  You can
copy everything from the libstdc++ CVSROOT with minor tweaking for the
new location."

I just modified the old libstdc++/CVSROOT?auto-checkout and checked it in to:

src.egcs/libstdc++-v3/CVSROOT/libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout

I looked at

src.egcs/CVSROOT/commitinfo

and can't figure out how to make the rest of it happen. Here are the
contents of that file: what needs to change?

DEFAULT         /usr/sourceware/bin/commit_prep -T gcc -r

thanks,

@ 2000-04-24 11:22 ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-04-24 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers