* Re: How to modify Bugzilla tracker
       [not found]   ` <BYAPR01MB486902A66F9EAE1D2113409FF7550@BYAPR01MB4869.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2019-12-12  9:19     ` Thomas Schwinge
From: Thomas Schwinge @ 2019-12-12  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feng Xue OS; +Cc: gcc, overseers, Jonathan Wakely

Hi!

I'm not an admin there; CCing the Overseers.

On 2019-12-12T01:58:46+0000, Feng Xue OS <fxue@os.amperecomputing.com> wrote:
> I have a sourceware.org account, but can not correlate the account with Bugzilla login.

Yes: 'gcc.gnu.org' is a separate Bugzilla instance.

> Just want to assign a tracker to someone.

To be able to do that, as far as I know, you'll need to use (set up a
new?) account associated with your 'fxue@gcc.gnu.org' email address.
Addresses '@gcc.gnu.org' automatically get special permissions.

I see you do have an account 'fxue@os.amperecomputing.com'.  Maybe it's
possible to add another email address to that one (or replace it?), or if
not, I remember that I once (manually?) got two accounts merged into
'tschwinge@gcc.gnu.org', so that's another option for you, assuming you'd
like just one account.

Grüße
 Thomas

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to modify Bugzilla tracker
@ 2019-12-12  9:21       ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2019-12-12  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feng Xue OS; +Cc: Thomas Schwinge, gcc, overseers

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 09:19, Thomas Schwinge wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm not an admin there; CCing the Overseers.
>
> On 2019-12-12T01:58:46+0000, Feng Xue OS <fxue@os.amperecomputing.com> wrote:
> > I have a sourceware.org account, but can not correlate the account with Bugzilla login.
>
> Yes: 'gcc.gnu.org' is a separate Bugzilla instance.
>
> > Just want to assign a tracker to someone.
>
> To be able to do that, as far as I know, you'll need to use (set up a
> new?) account associated with your 'fxue@gcc.gnu.org' email address.
> Addresses '@gcc.gnu.org' automatically get special permissions.
>
> I see you do have an account 'fxue@os.amperecomputing.com'.  Maybe it's
> possible to add another email address to that one (or replace it?), or if
> not, I remember that I once (manually?) got two accounts merged into
> 'tschwinge@gcc.gnu.org', so that's another option for you, assuming you'd
> like just one account.

@sourceware.org and @gcc.gnu.org accounts are also separate, and I
don't see your name in the GCC MAINTAINERS file (apologies if I missed
it).

* Re: How to modify Bugzilla tracker
@ 2019-12-12  9:29         ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2019-12-12  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Feng Xue OS, Thomas Schwinge, gcc, overseers

On Dez 12 2019, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 09:19, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm not an admin there; CCing the Overseers.
>>
>> On 2019-12-12T01:58:46+0000, Feng Xue OS <fxue@os.amperecomputing.com> wrote:
>> > I have a sourceware.org account, but can not correlate the account with Bugzilla login.
>>
>> Yes: 'gcc.gnu.org' is a separate Bugzilla instance.
>>
>> > Just want to assign a tracker to someone.
>>
>> To be able to do that, as far as I know, you'll need to use (set up a
>> new?) account associated with your 'fxue@gcc.gnu.org' email address.
>> Addresses '@gcc.gnu.org' automatically get special permissions.
>>
>> I see you do have an account 'fxue@os.amperecomputing.com'.  Maybe it's
>> possible to add another email address to that one (or replace it?), or if
>> not, I remember that I once (manually?) got two accounts merged into
>> 'tschwinge@gcc.gnu.org', so that's another option for you, assuming you'd
>> like just one account.
>
> @sourceware.org and @gcc.gnu.org accounts are also separate, and I
> don't see your name in the GCC MAINTAINERS file (apologies if I missed
> it).

The fxue@gcc.gnu.org account already exists, he just needs to use it.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

* Re: How to modify Bugzilla tracker
@ 2019-12-12  9:43           ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2019-12-12  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: Feng Xue OS, Thomas Schwinge, gcc, overseers

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 09:29, Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:

> On Dez 12 2019, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 09:19, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm not an admin there; CCing the Overseers.

> >> Yes: 'gcc.gnu.org' is a separate Bugzilla instance.

> >> To be able to do that, as far as I know, you'll need to use (set up a
> >> new?) account associated with your 'fxue@gcc.gnu.org' email address.
> >> Addresses '@gcc.gnu.org' automatically get special permissions.
> >>
> >> I see you do have an account 'fxue@os.amperecomputing.com'.  Maybe it's
> >> possible to add another email address to that one (or replace it?), or if
> >> not, I remember that I once (manually?) got two accounts merged into
> >> 'tschwinge@gcc.gnu.org', so that's another option for you, assuming you'd
> >> like just one account.
> >
> > @sourceware.org and @gcc.gnu.org accounts are also separate, and I
> > don't see your name in the GCC MAINTAINERS file (apologies if I missed
> > it).
>
> The fxue@gcc.gnu.org account already exists, he just needs to use it.

Ah OK, so just use the "reset password" link to get access to that account then.

* Re: How to modify Bugzilla tracker
@ 2019-12-13  2:13             ` Feng Xue OS
From: Feng Xue OS @ 2019-12-13  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely, Andreas Schwab; +Cc: Thomas Schwinge, gcc, overseers

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 09:29, Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:

>> > @sourceware.org and @gcc.gnu.org accounts are also separate, and I
>> > don't see your name in the GCC MAINTAINERS file (apologies if I missed
>> > it).
>>
>> The fxue@gcc.gnu.org account already exists, he just needs to use it.

> Ah OK, so just use the "reset password" link to get access to that account then.

But I did not know I own fxue@gcc.gnu.org, and do not know how to access
the email, to which "reset password" instructions will be sent.

Actually, I tried to ask for oversees to create a gcc.gnu.org account, but was told
it is not needed for I already have one @sourceware.org.

BTW: I'm not a maintainer.

Thanks,
Feng