* Some problems with the GCC web machinery
@ 2007-05-20 22:51 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2007-05-20 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Berlin

Based on a report by Uros I investigated and found that
/www/gcc/htdocs-preformatted had not been automatically updated for
the latest sets of changes:

I know did this manually...

  [gerald@sourceware htdocs-preformatted]$ cvs -q up -PAd
  U gcc-4.3/changes.html
  U gcc-4.3/cxx0x_status.html

...and also invoked /www/gcc/bin/preprocess to push the changes from
there to /www/gcc/htdocs and thus the web server but wonder whether any
of you may have an idea on might have gone wrong?  This system has not
seen any changes (that I would know of) for a while, so I cannot explain
what may have caused this.

On a (possibly, but probably not) related note, I found the following
permissions under /www/gcc which break a `cvs up` at that level of the
tree:

  drwxr-sr-x  13 dberlin   gcc    4096 Mar 13 15:00 bugzilla
  drwxr-sr-x   2 dberlin   gcc    4096 Nov  8  2003 bzCVS
  drwxr-sr-x   2 dberlin   gcc    4096 Aug 31  2005 wikiconfig
  drwxrwxr-x  13 dberlin   apache 4096 Jul 25  2005 wikidata

Daniel, did you look these down intentionally, are could you make these
tree group writable?

Gerald

* Re: Some problems with the GCC web machinery
@ 2007-05-20 22:56 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2007-05-20 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

On 5/20/07, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
> Based on a report by Uros I investigated and found that
> /www/gcc/htdocs-preformatted had not been automatically updated for
> the latest sets of changes:
>
> I know did this manually...
>
>   [gerald@sourceware htdocs-preformatted]$ cvs -q up -PAd
>   U gcc-4.3/changes.html
>   U gcc-4.3/cxx0x_status.html
>
> ...and also invoked /www/gcc/bin/preprocess to push the changes from
> there to /www/gcc/htdocs and thus the web server but wonder whether any
> of you may have an idea on might have gone wrong?  This system has not
> seen any changes (that I would know of) for a while, so I cannot explain
> what may have caused this.
>

> On a (possibly, but probably not) related note, I found the following
> permissions under /www/gcc which break a `cvs up` at that level of the
> tree:
>
>   drwxr-sr-x  13 dberlin   gcc    4096 Mar 13 15:00 bugzilla
>   drwxr-sr-x   2 dberlin   gcc    4096 Nov  8  2003 bzCVS
>   drwxr-sr-x   2 dberlin   gcc    4096 Aug 31  2005 wikiconfig
>   drwxrwxr-x  13 dberlin   apache 4096 Jul 25  2005 wikidata
>
> Daniel, did you look these down intentionally, are could you make these
> tree group writable?

I certainly don't remember doing this, feel free to chmod g+w them

@ 2007-05-21  2:46   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2007-05-21  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, 20 May 2007, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>>   drwxr-sr-x  13 dberlin   gcc    4096 Mar 13 15:00 bugzilla
>>   drwxr-sr-x   2 dberlin   gcc    4096 Nov  8  2003 bzCVS
>>   drwxr-sr-x   2 dberlin   gcc    4096 Aug 31  2005 wikiconfig
>>   drwxrwxr-x  13 dberlin   apache 4096 Jul 25  2005 wikidata
> I certainly don't remember doing this, feel free to chmod g+w them

Done.

On a related note, I saw that Mark's wwwdocs change today went through
without a problem, so I'm inclined to say we had a temporary glitch
somewhere (as much as I dislike Heisenbugs).

@ 2007-05-21  9:00 ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2007-05-21  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, Daniel Berlin

>   U gcc-4.3/cxx0x_status.html

Note that the C++0x docs are out of sync.

ie:
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/c++0x.html

and:

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/cxx0x_status.html

differ. I guess this is by intention. What's the plan here? Should I
move the extern template and type_traits bits to cxx0x_status.html?

-benjamin

* Re: Some problems with the GCC web machinery
@ 2007-05-27 12:40   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2007-05-27 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers, Daniel Berlin

Hi Benjamin,

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> Note that the C++0x docs are out of sync.
>
> ie:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/c++0x.html
>
> and:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/cxx0x_status.html
>
> differ. I guess this is by intention. What's the plan here? Should I
> move the extern template and type_traits bits to cxx0x_status.html?

I am not aware of this being intentional, and from my perspective making
such a sync would be very desirable.  It would be great could you have a
look, Benjamin!

Thanks,
Gerald