public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
From: Mathieu Lacage <mathieu_lacage@realmagic.fr>
To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>
Cc: sid@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: running eCos under sid
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

le ven 23-11-2001 à 13:30, Frank Ch. Eigler a écrit :

> Right.  This happens because the simulator was not asked to configure
> itself for a model of the "Integrator" board.  By default, it provides

I was suspecting something in the like...

> a simple process model, with little in the way of simulated hardware
> peripherals.  The SID component (model) library includes parts for
> several ARM flavour peripherals: they were built to model the old
> ARM PID development board.  To the extent that this "Integrator" board
> is similar, you may make use of the components by "--board=pid7t" and
> related options.  Simulation for different boards involves assembling
> models for all the required parts, and configuring sid to use them:
> this can be a small or big job.

If I understood how sid works, this means writing the components not
available for the new board and writing a configuration file for the
board connecting the relevant pieces together ?

> For a taste, try running
> 	sid arm-pid-redboot-tksm.conf
> (find named file under $prefix/share/sid; it explains its own origins)
> then telnet to localhost:5000 (or connect gdb to localhost:5000; can
> upload a RAM-startup eCos program).  This configuration brings up
> the PID board simulation, preloads an older RedBoot ROM image.
> RedBoot shows a command line on uart1, which is connected to TCP
> port 5000.  A little tcl/tk gui also appears, so you can
> monitor/interact-with the simulation as it's proceeding.

hrm, sounds cool.

I'll try this later. As a side note, I do not even own an Integrator
board and my target system has nothing to do with traditional boards so
I'll have to hack together a simulation environment myself anyway...

/me wished there was another poor soul in his company to do it :)

thanks a lot for your quick answer,

I'll keep you updated if I can manage to release some GPL code of our
(not-yet-written) modules.

best regards,
Mathieu

--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu_lacage@realmagic.fr>
#p: +33 1 69 19 61 97

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Mathieu Lacage <mathieu_lacage@realmagic.fr>
To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>
Cc: sid@sources.redhat.com
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 04:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]