public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Which library for new target specific component?
@ 2004-04-22 15:33 Dave Brolley
From: Dave Brolley @ 2004-04-22 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Hi,

I'm implementing a very specific cache implementation for a target we're
working on. The component will be abstracted from the current
cache_component class in sid/components/cache (i.e. it will inherit from
this class). Which library should this new class belong to? Currently I
have it in libXXXfamily.la, built from sid/components/family/XXX. The
effect of this is that libcache.la must be loaded before
libXXXfamily.la. Should I instead add the code to libcache.la
(sid/components/cache) so that the libraries are independent?

Dave

* Re: Which library for new target specific component?
@ 2004-04-23  0:00 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2004-04-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Dave Brolley <brolley@redhat.com> writes:

> I'm implementing a very specific cache implementation for a target
> we're working on. The component will be abstracted from the current
> cache_component class in sid/components/cache (i.e. it will inherit
> from this class). Which library should this new class belong to?
> Currently I have it in libXXXfamily.la, built from
> sid/components/family/XXX. The effect of this is that libcache.la
> must be loaded before libXXXfamily.la. Should I instead add the code
> to libcache.la (sid/components/cache) so that the libraries are
> independent?

Good question.  I think putting it in libcache is fine for the time
being.  Presumably it will be some time before the code is contributed
to the public sources?

Ben