* Re: cross references of static functions
@ 2001-01-10 13:47 alex.shneer
From: alex.shneer @ 2001-01-10 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: sourcenav

Can you think of any possible workarounds or patches for 4.5.2 that could
solve this or will it be fixed in the next version?

There are similar scope management problems in the COBOL parser.
I thought to borrow ideas from C++ parser to patch the cobol parser: no
luck here, obviously.

Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com> on 01/10/2001 04:23:01 PM

To:   alex.shneer@verizon.com
cc:   sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject:  Re: cross references of static functions

This sounds like bad scope management.  One of the many parser
problems that needs to be solved.  Once we add support for things
like namespaces and innerclasses, we should have way better scope
management (well, really we need to improve scope management
inorder to add namespace and innerclass support).

Ian.

@ 2001-01-18  7:26 ` Khamis Abuelkomboz
From: Khamis Abuelkomboz @ 2001-01-18  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.shneer; +Cc: irox, sourcenav

alex.shneer@verizon.com wrote:

> Hi,Khamis,
>
> I tried this and choosing "Compare static information" did not change
> anything.
> Surprisingly, if I choose "Compare parameters" it solves the problem in
> this test case,

you are correct, "Compare parameters" does the work. It even compares
parameters (exact match), what could be not very nice, when you use
int/long (or similar) parameters. I actually forgot about the
"Compare static information", what it exactly does.

> no matter if "Compare static information" is selected ot not.
> I'm using SN452.
> What version did you try?

same release

* Re: cross references of static functions
@ 2001-01-18  6:25 alex.shneer
From: alex.shneer @ 2001-01-18  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khamis Abuelkomboz; +Cc: irox, sourcenav

Hi,Khamis,

I tried this and choosing "Compare static information" did not change
anything.
Surprisingly, if I choose "Compare parameters" it solves the problem in
this test case,
no matter if "Compare static information" is selected ot not.
I'm using SN452.
What version did you try?

Thanks

Alex

Khamis Abuelkomboz <khamis@knuut.de> on 01/18/2001 03:51:13 AM

To:   alex.shneer@verizon.com
cc:   irox@redhat.com, sourcenav@sources.redhat.com

Hi alex,

The functionality exists in SN, you need to hit the right-mouse
button in the xref view and click on "Compare static information".

have fun!
khamis

==
Hi,
can anybody tell why cross reference window shows that both func1 and
func2
 are referenced by static_func,
no matter wich one we choose: one defined in the static1.c or one
defined
in static2.c?

static1.c:
--------------------------------------
static static_func()
{
   func1();
}
--------------------------------------
static2.c
--------------------------------------
static static_func ()
{
   func2();
}

* Re: cross references of static functions
@ 2001-01-18  0:53 Khamis Abuelkomboz
From: Khamis Abuelkomboz @ 2001-01-18  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.shneer; +Cc: irox, sourcenav

@ 2001-01-10 13:23 ` Ian Roxborough