* RE: SN-5.0 Building Question
@ 2001-04-27  5:59 Mills, John
From: Mills, John @ 2001-04-27  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

Mo -
Thanks for the note.

From: Mo DeJong
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 8:17 PM
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RE: SN-5.0 Building Question

> Did the `make install-snavigator` rule fail? If not, then everything
> should have been installed correctly.

As I couldn't find installation directions in the SN-5.0 tarball, I just did
'make' and 'make install' instead of 'make all-snavigator' and 'make
install-snavigator'. When I did the two latter steps, I had a clean build
and installation. './source/README' refers me to an 'INSTALL' directory,
which I didn't find. The text of ./source/snavigator/README is "README".
&8-)

If someone could confirm whether/where the building and installation
information is in the fileset, I would be appreciative (and embarrassed, but
not for the first time).

Thanks again.
 - John Mills

* RE: SN-5.0 Building Question
@ 2001-04-26 14:46 Mills, John
From: Mills, John @ 2001-04-26 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Mo -

Thanks - I seem to have successfully built all the required pieces, but may
not have gotten a few of them installed -- probably the installation had
been abandoned somewhere short of completion. ('du' seems to show a few
hundred KBy more stuff.)

I actually bought SN-4.2 and a 4.5 upgrade, and I do like the tool.

MDJ> Sorry about that, the next bug fix release should fix that
MDJ> missing rule problem. For now, you just run `make all-snavigator`
MDJ> and the `make install-snavigator`.

MDJ> Mo DeJong
MDJ> Red Hat Inc

Regards
 - John Mills

* SN-5.0 Building Question
@ 2001-04-26  6:05 Mills, John
From: Mills, John @ 2001-04-26  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Source Navigator Users (E-mail)

Hello -

I just built SN-5.0 from 'SN50-010322-source.tar.gz' in a GNU/Linux RH6.2
setup. The "% make" build was successful except for the following error:
"...
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/snavigator/libgui'
make: *** No rule to make target `all-libremote', needed by `all-sid'.
Stop.
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/build/snavigator/db'
..."

I forced the build to complete ("% make -k") with no further errors, and the
results installed and at least start OK.

What am I missing, and is it important? If so, how can I build the missing
piece(s)?

Thanks.
 - John Mills