* RE: SN-5.0 Building Question
@ 2001-04-26 14:46 Mills, John
From: Mills, John @ 2001-04-26 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Mo -

Thanks - I seem to have successfully built all the required pieces, but may
not have gotten a few of them installed -- probably the installation had
been abandoned somewhere short of completion. ('du' seems to show a few
hundred KBy more stuff.)

I actually bought SN-4.2 and a 4.5 upgrade, and I do like the tool.

MDJ> Sorry about that, the next bug fix release should fix that
MDJ> missing rule problem. For now, you just run `make all-snavigator`
MDJ> and the `make install-snavigator`.

MDJ> Mo DeJong
MDJ> Red Hat Inc

Regards
 - John Mills

* RE: SN-5.0 Building Question
@ 2001-04-26 17:17 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-04-26 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Mills, John wrote:

> Mo -
>
> Thanks - I seem to have successfully built all the required pieces, but may
> not have gotten a few of them installed -- probably the installation had
> been abandoned somewhere short of completion. ('du' seems to show a few
> hundred KBy more stuff.)

Did the `make install-snavigator` rule fail? If not, then everything
should have been installed correctly.

> I actually bought SN-4.2 and a 4.5 upgrade, and I do like the tool.

Glad to hear it. Now that the source is GPLed, you can
also fix anything you don't like about SN. We think
5.0 is a lot better than the 4.X series, but we are
interested in hearing from longtime users when it
comes to stability and general ease of use issues.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: SN-5.0 Building Question
@ 2001-04-27 15:14 ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2001-04-27 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

"Mills, John" <john.mills@atl.viasat.com> writes:

[...]

> If someone could confirm whether/where the building and installation
> information is in the fileset, I would be appreciative (and
> embarrassed, but not for the first time).

I don't think they are.  They were in the announcement sent to this
list, but I don't think they're in the tarball.  (Of course, this is
silly---the default targets ought to work, and presumably will
shortly.)

When do we get CVS?

* RE: SN-5.0 Building Question
@ 2001-04-27  5:59 Mills, John
From: Mills, John @ 2001-04-27  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

Mo -
Thanks for the note.

From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-04-26 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Mills, John wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I just built SN-5.0 from 'SN50-010322-source.tar.gz' in a GNU/Linux RH6.2
> setup. The "% make" build was successful except for the following error:
> "...
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/snavigator/libgui'
> make: *** No rule to make target `all-libremote', needed by `all-sid'.
> Stop.
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/build/snavigator/db'
> ..."
>
> I forced the build to complete ("% make -k") with no further errors, and the
> results installed and at least start OK.
>
> What am I missing, and is it important? If so, how can I build the missing
> piece(s)?
>
> Thanks.
>  - John Mills

Sorry about that, the next bug fix release should fix that
missing rule problem. For now, you just run `make all-snavigator`
and the `make install-snavigator`.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* SN-5.0 Building Question