From: Mo DeJong <mdejong@cygnus.com>
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Weird permissions in SN5
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 22:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Marta Stojanovic wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I had the exact same problem on RedHat Linux 7.0. Tried to
> change owner/group to be exactly like they are for the
> installation directory of SN452, but it didn't work.

I just downloaded the binary and tried to install it
as root. I tried this, and it seemed to work
around the problem. Untarring as a normal
user also seems to "fix" the problem.

cd $INSTALL
chown -R root.root i686-pc-linux-gnulibc2.1
find . -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod o+r {} \;

> I also have a question concerning hyper : when I try to execute hyper from the
> bin directory (logged as root) it gives me this error message :
>
>                         Error: unknown encoding "iso8859-1"

Yes, that is a known problem. The "fix" is to explicitly
set the TCL_LIBRARY env var before running hyper.

setenv TCL_LIBRARY $INSTALL/share/etc

If you take a look at the bin/snavigator script you
will find that it does just that. Also, if you
build from the source, the problem does not show
up, it only happens when you move the tree
and try to run it in the new location. We
need to fix this, it is just at the bottom
of the list since most folks don't use hyper
directly.

> I posted a question concerning Java some time ago, without any luck :
> I wonder if there is some way to get those instance variables
> types when analyzing Java code. They are not in the database (.iv
> file). Is it too hard to change the Java parser ? Any suggestions ?

I saw your note, but I did not have anything to add to the discussion.
If the .lv tables are not generated, it most likely means the
parser does not have them implemented. Working on the parser
is the only way to fix such a problem.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc