public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>
To: Eric McDonald <mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu>
Cc: Xconq list <xconq7@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Morale and opinions
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 03:19:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 20:18, Eric McDonald wrote:
> > *Well, there's a certain visceral pleasure in cutting
> > down farmers
>
> Hay, farmers are productive members of society (at least when they're
> not hanging out in arenas). Leave 'em alone.

I had been thinking that, if the material extraction code (still) works,
I might implement farmer units in knights.g to collect food from terrain
that's out of a city's reach.  Maybe also something similar with miner
units to extract ores, and possibly mystic units to extract ideas (kind
of weird, but it works).

If you don't take a visceral pleasure in cutting down farmers, you might
take some pleasure in cutting them down for the logistical consequences
to your opponent.  And if the AI were to decide to launch a horde of
pitchfork-wielding farmers to attack a pit fiend...you get the idea.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

Never volunteer for anything.