public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Advanced unit's reach doesn't change after change-type
@ 2004-09-11  2:45 Lincoln Peters
From: Lincoln Peters @ 2004-09-11  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xconq list

I was doing some testing on knights.g, and discovered that, when a city
unit upgrades to the next larger size, its reach remains the same as
before.  I am sure that this is a bug.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

"We Americans, we're a simple people... but piss us off, and we'll bomb
your cities."
-- Robin Williams, _Good Morning Vietnam_

* Re: Advanced unit's reach doesn't change after change-type
@ 2004-09-11  5:01 ` Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2004-09-11  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lincoln Peters; +Cc: Xconq list

Lincoln Peters wrote:

> I was doing some testing on knights.g, and discovered that, when a city
> unit upgrades to the next larger size, its reach remains the same as
> before.  I am sure that this is a bug.

Sounds like it could be. I'll look into it tomorrow. Maybe I'll fix the
change-type namer bug while I'm at it....

Eric

* Problems with IMFapp Office Pro XP sp8
@ 2004-09-11  5:05   ` Elijah Meeks
From: Elijah Meeks @ 2004-09-11  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xconq list

For some reason I can't activate the paperclip...

This isn't so much an IMFapp issue as it is an IMF
issue.  I've been trying to add terrain and must be
doing something wrong the (x n y z) command.  I can
add the terrain fine if it's just one hex but not, it
seems, if it's tile-able (For example, advterr.imf has
8 tiles).  Can anyone give me some terrain setup tips?

Also, would it be too much to ask that IMFapp display
tiled terrain?  Yeah, all of it, so that we can see
how it looks.  Not a big deal, of course, I can always
pull up a test.g, but it would be useful in the
future, after the neural nets...

http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool

* Re: Problems with IMFapp Office Pro XP sp8
@ 2004-09-12 19:11     ` Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2004-09-12 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elijah Meeks; +Cc: Xconq list

Elijah Meeks wrote:

> For some reason I can't activate the paperclip...

Sounds like an interface bug...    (???)

> This isn't so much an IMFapp issue as it is an IMF
> issue.  I've been trying to add terrain and must be
> doing something wrong the (x n y z) command.  I can
> add the terrain fine if it's just one hex but not, it
> seems, if it's tile-able (For example, advterr.imf has
> 8 tiles).  Can anyone give me some terrain setup tips?

I don't have much experience with custom maps, but if I think that any
terrain images which need to be tiled, need to have a 'tile' keyword in
their IMF specification. See the IMF specifications in 'advterr.g', for
example.

> Also, would it be too much to ask that IMFapp display
> tiled terrain?

I think that it does, so long as the IMF is specified correctly.

Eric