public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* GIS: Status Update
@ 2004-09-19 22:19 D. Cooper Stevenson
From: D. Cooper Stevenson @ 2004-09-19 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Eric, Matthew, Lincoln, and Xconq Mailing Listers,

I'm encouraged by the your pointers on how to do this:

  Eric: Excellent guide information regarding terrain and pointers to
documentation

  Lincoln: Sensible ways to integrate terrain information. Not afraid to
suggest writing new modules to handle new terrain features

  Matthew: Put the rubber to the road. Posted scripts and documentation
to the Wiki.

This is a lot to learn. I will be buried in the Xconq documentation
(thanks Eric) for the next few days. I hope to have at least a few hexes
of map, even if they only serve no other purpose than to show some alpha
code. I make no guarantees.

If I see something that I think you might find significant I will post
to the mailing list. Meanwhile, check in every so often with the web
page and the Wiki. You'll know what I'm up to by that.

If you see anything you think is helpful, by all means please do write.

Unless I get stuck I will try to focus on having a satellite overlay of
Antarctica like I promised Matt.

-Coop

| Cooper Stevenson        | Em:  cooper@gencom.us            |
| GenCom                  | Ph:  541.924.9434                |
| "Working For IT"        | Www: http://www.gencom.us        |