* libelf from binutils ?
@ 2005-02-21 20:05 Kristis Makris
From: Kristis Makris @ 2005-02-21 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hello,

I'm interested in reusing parts of the sources of some binutils
(particularly objdump). Given that libbfd is available directly from the
binutils source, it's interesting that a corresponding libelf is
missing. Are there any plans for packaging such a library, or should one
go the route of doing vendor imports of the elf includes etc from
binutils and tracking updates to those ?

There seems to be a separate libelf out there
(http://packages.debian.org/testing/libdevel/libelfg0-dev) that is not
coming from binutils sources.

Any insight on this ?

Thanks
Kristis

* Re: libelf from binutils ?
@ 2005-02-21 20:16 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-02-21 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kristis Makris; +Cc: binutils

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 09:44:23AM -0700, Kristis Makris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in reusing parts of the sources of some binutils
> (particularly objdump). Given that libbfd is available directly from the
> binutils source, it's interesting that a corresponding libelf is
> missing. Are there any plans for packaging such a library, or should one
> go the route of doing vendor imports of the elf includes etc from
> binutils and tracking updates to those ?
>
> There seems to be a separate libelf out there
> (http://packages.debian.org/testing/libdevel/libelfg0-dev) that is not
> coming from binutils sources.

There is no "libelf" in binutils.  All the ELF handling is inside
libbfd.  You can import the include/elf/ headers separately if you need
them.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC