* Re: Can CT-NG build a RISC-V picolibc toolchain?
@ 2022-08-27 14:22 Tommy Murphy
From: Tommy Murphy @ 2022-08-27 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Packard, crossgcc

Ok - maybe it was a bit of a dumb question!
I completely overlooked the fact that the Companion Libraries section of menuconfig has options for newlib-nano and picolibc.
I was fixated on the C Library section so missed these.
I'm trying a new build now with these enabled (newlib, newlib-nano and picolibc).
Thanks again for the assistance.

* Can CT-NG build a RISC-V picolibc toolchain?
@ 2022-08-26 19:41 Tommy Murphy
From: Tommy Murphy @ 2022-08-26 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi there

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question or one that has been answered already but I tried searching but couldn't find anything on it...

Can I use CT-NG to build a RISC-V bare metal toolchain that uses picolibc as the standard library? Can I build one that bundles newlib, newlib-nano and picolibc which can be switched between using the relevant specs files as can be done for Arm?

If so, what configuration settings do I need? I can't see a way to do this using the menuconfig. If it's possible, does it perhaps need a manually edited config file?

I've been playing with the latest CT-NG cloned from the master branch in github. I've enabled the experimental option in order to be able to build a RISC-V newlib toolchain which works fine. But I can't see a way to build a picolibc one or a newlib/newlib-nano/picolibc one. I've also used one of the sample configurations to build an Arm multilib toolchain that bundles newlib/newlib-nano/picolibc.

Thanks a lot for any guidance/advice.