public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] moc (2.6.r3005)
@ 2023-01-20 10:36 Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-01-20 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I would like to propose a new package named MOC
(Music On Console), which is a ncurses based music
player. MOC is ported to many Linux distributions
which is easy to use and powerfull.
http://moc.daper.net/about

I have already prepared the package at:

https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/moc/

To build this package, the new package faad2 and
ffmpeg is necessary; they are proposed at the same
time.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: [ITP] moc (2.6.r3005)
@ 2023-02-05 16:35 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-02-05 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

On 20/01/2023 10:36, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> I would like to propose a new package named MOC
> (Music On Console), which is a ncurses based music
> player. MOC is ported to many Linux distributions
> which is easy to use and powerfull.
> http://moc.daper.net/about
>
> I have already prepared the package at:
>
> https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/moc/
>
> To build this package, the new package faad2 and
> ffmpeg is necessary; they are proposed at the same
> time.

It looks like this should be using 'inherit svn' to enable 'cygport
download' to fetch the upstream sources.

Otherwise, looks good.

* Re: [ITP] moc (2.6.r3005)
@ 2023-02-06 13:58   ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-02-06 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:35:40 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> On 20/01/2023 10:36, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > I would like to propose a new package named MOC
> > (Music On Console), which is a ncurses based music
> > player. MOC is ported to many Linux distributions
> > which is easy to use and powerfull.
> > http://moc.daper.net/about
> >
> > I have already prepared the package at:
> >
> > https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/moc/
> >
> > To build this package, the new package faad2 and
> > ffmpeg is necessary; they are proposed at the same
> > time.
>
> It looks like this should be using 'inherit svn' to enable 'cygport
> download' to fetch the upstream sources.
>
> Otherwise, looks good.

Thanks for the advice. I revised the cygport file as attached.
Is this as you expected?

Further, I have removed the aac plugin which linked with faad2,
and enabled some other plugins such as wavpack, timidity, etc.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

[-- Attachment #2: moc.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1183 bytes --]

NAME="moc"
VERSION=2.6.r3005
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Audio"
SUMMARY="Command-line audio player"
DESCRIPTION="MOC (Music on Console) is an audio player having the user interface similar to midnight commander. It supports verious audio formats with decoder plugins. Powerfull and easy to use."
HOMEPAGE="http://moc.daper.net/"
LICENSE="GPL-2.0-or-later"
SVN_URI="svn://svn.daper.net/moc/trunk"
SVN_REV="3005"
inherit svn

CYGCONF_ARGS="--without-aac"

PKG_NAMES="moc moc-ffmpeg-plugin moc-timidity-plugin"
moc_CONTENTS="--exclude=usr/lib/moc/decoder_plugins/libffmpeg_decoder.dll --exclude=usr/lib/moc/decoder_plugins/libtimidity_decoder.dll usr/bin/*.exe usr/share/ usr/lib"
moc_ffmpeg_plugin_SUMMARY="MOC FFmpeg plugin"
moc_ffmpeg_plugin_CONTENTS="usr/lib/moc/decoder_plugins/libffmpeg_decoder.dll"
moc_timidity_plugin_SUMMARY="MOC timidity plugin"
moc_timidity_plugin_CONTENTS="usr/lib/moc/decoder_plugins/libtimidity_decoder.dll"

DIFF_EXCLUDES="m4 libltdl"

BUILD_REQUIRES="libffmpeg-devel libid3tag-devel libmad-devel flac-devel libsndfile-devel libvorbis-devel libcurl-devel libdb-devel libncurses-devel libpopt-devel libtool libmodplug-devel speex-devel musepack libwavpack-devel"

* Re: [ITP] moc (2.6.r3005)
@ 2023-02-09 12:54     ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-02-09 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 22:58:21 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:35:40 +0000
> Jon Turney wrote:
> > On 20/01/2023 10:36, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > > I would like to propose a new package named MOC
> > > (Music On Console), which is a ncurses based music
> > > player. MOC is ported to many Linux distributions
> > > which is easy to use and powerfull.
> > > http://moc.daper.net/about
> > >
> > > I have already prepared the package at:
> > >
> > > https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/moc/
> > >
> > > To build this package, the new package faad2 and
> > > ffmpeg is necessary; they are proposed at the same
> > > time.
> >
> > It looks like this should be using 'inherit svn' to enable 'cygport
> > download' to fetch the upstream sources.
> >
> > Otherwise, looks good.
>
> Thanks for the advice. I revised the cygport file as attached.
> Is this as you expected?
>
> Further, I have removed the aac plugin which linked with faad2,
> and enabled some other plugins such as wavpack, timidity, etc.

The package updated again.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

[-- Attachment #2: moc.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1205 bytes --]

[...]

BUILD_REQUIRES="libffmpeg-devel libid3tag-devel libmad-devel flac-devel libsndfile-devel libvorbis-devel libcurl-devel libdb-devel libncurses-devel libpopt-devel libtool libmodplug-devel speex-devel libmpcdec-devel libtag_c-devel libwavpack-devel"

* Re: [ITP] moc (2.6.r3005)
@ 2023-02-13 18:25       ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-02-13 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

On 09/02/2023 12:54, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> NAME="moc"
> VERSION=2.6.r3005
> RELEASE=1
[...]
> SVN_URI="svn://svn.daper.net/moc/trunk"
> SVN_REV="3005"
> inherit svn

You could (and probably should) write this as

SVN_REV=${VERSION##*.r}

so you don't have to remember to update it in both places.

(See 'Remove matching prefix pattern' in the section 'Parameter
Expansion' in 'man bash')

Otherwise, looks good.

* Re: [ITP] moc (2.6.r3005)
@ 2023-02-14  9:11         ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-02-14  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 18:25:43 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> On 09/02/2023 12:54, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > NAME="moc"
> > VERSION=2.6.r3005
> > RELEASE=1
> [...]
> > SVN_URI="svn://svn.daper.net/moc/trunk"
> > SVN_REV="3005"
> > inherit svn
>
> You could (and probably should) write this as
>
> SVN_REV=${VERSION##*.r}
>
> so you don't have to remember to update it in both places.
>
> (See 'Remove matching prefix pattern' in the section 'Parameter
> Expansion' in 'man bash')
>

> Otherwise, looks good.

Thanks. I revised the cygport file.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

[-- Attachment #2: moc.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1216 bytes --]

NAME="moc"
VERSION=2.6.r3005
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Audio"
SUMMARY="Command-line audio player"
DESCRIPTION="MOC (Music on Console) is an audio player having the user interface similar to midnight commander. It supports verious audio formats with decoder plugins. Powerfull and easy to use."
HOMEPAGE="http://moc.daper.net/"
LICENSE="GPL-2.0-or-later"
SVN_URI="svn://svn.daper.net/moc/trunk"
SVN_REV="${VERSION##*.r}"

@ 2023-02-16 18:48           ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-02-16 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

On 14/02/2023 09:11, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 18:25:43 +0000
> Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 09/02/2023 12:54, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> NAME="moc"
>>> VERSION=2.6.r3005
>>> RELEASE=1
>> [...]
>>> SVN_URI="svn://svn.daper.net/moc/trunk"
>>> SVN_REV="3005"
>>> inherit svn
>>
>> You could (and probably should) write this as
>>
>> SVN_REV=${VERSION##*.r}
>>
>> so you don't have to remember to update it in both places.
>>
>> (See 'Remove matching prefix pattern' in the section 'Parameter
>> Expansion' in 'man bash')
>>

>> Otherwise, looks good.
>
> Thanks. I revised the cygport file.

Approved.