public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-08-31  7:15 JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-08-31  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Here's a refresh of the mingw-w64.

For the headers and runtime, remove 4075 and 4214, for both i686 and x86_64 archs.
Please remove the oldest version for the others.

BTW, is GCC 4.6 for Cygwin anywhere near? :)

Thanks.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.21.53-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.21.53-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-binutils/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-2-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/mingw64-i686-gcc-core-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4430-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4430-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-headers/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-pthreads/mingw64-i686-pthreads-20100619-4-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-pthreads/mingw64-i686-pthreads-20100619-4.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-pthreads/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4430-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4430-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-runtime/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.21.53-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.21.53-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-2-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc-4.5.3-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4430-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4430-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-headers/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-pthreads/mingw64-x86_64-pthreads-20100619-4-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-pthreads/mingw64-x86_64-pthreads-20100619-4.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-pthreads/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4430-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4430-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/setup.hint

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-08-31  9:11 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-08-31  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Aug 31 15:15, JonY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a refresh of the mingw-w64.
>
> For the headers and runtime, remove 4075 and 4214, for both i686 and x86_64 archs.
> Please remove the oldest version for the others.

Done.  Btw., would you mind to restructure your download directories so
that they resemble the structure of the Cygwin distro directories?  That
would reduce the work required to upload your files enormously!

> BTW, is GCC 4.6 for Cygwin anywhere near? :)

4.5.3 is near, afaik.

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-08-31  9:48   ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-08-31  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 8/31/2011 17:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 31 15:15, JonY wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's a refresh of the mingw-w64.
>>
>> For the headers and runtime, remove 4075 and 4214, for both i686 and x86_64 archs.
>> Please remove the oldest version for the others.
>
> Done.  Btw., would you mind to restructure your download directories so
> that they resemble the structure of the Cygwin distro directories?  That
> would reduce the work required to upload your files enormously!

OK, sorry about that, I'll do that next time.

SF is sadly lacking an FTP interface (why don't they have anonymous
read-only sftp?) to make recursive downloading even easier.

>> BTW, is GCC 4.6 for Cygwin anywhere near? :)
>
> 4.5.3 is near, afaik.

OK, I was wondering how to transition 4.5.x to 4.6.x for mingw-w64 when
the time comes, pthreads-win32 will be removed in favor of winpthreads,
they're not exactly ABI compatible. Right now, only libgomp is using
pthreads-win32.

C++ ABI for 4.6.x has also changed for mingw* (including mingw.org) with
the introduction of thiscall, not sure if this will affect Cygwin itself.

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-08-31 13:55     ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2011-08-31 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CygWin-Apps

On 8/31/2011 5:48 AM, JonY wrote:
> On 8/31/2011 17:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Aug 31 15:15, JonY wrote:
>>> BTW, is GCC 4.6 for Cygwin anywhere near? :)
>>
>> 4.5.3 is near, afaik.
>
> OK, I was wondering how to transition 4.5.x to 4.6.x for mingw-w64
> when the time comes, pthreads-win32 will be removed in favor of
> winpthreads, they're not exactly ABI compatible. Right now, only
> libgomp is using pthreads-win32.

So, it sounds like mingw64's version of libgomp (for gcc-4.6) will
have to bump its DLL number from the current libgomp-1.dll to
libgomp-2.dll -- you don't want an existing -fopenmp client, that
links to both
	libgomp-1.dll (which itself depends on pthreadGC2.dll)
	pthreadGC2.dll
to suddenly get "surprised" by
	(new) libgomp-1.dll (which depends on winpthreads-0.dll)
	pthreadGC2.dll
because then that existing client would depend on two different
pthreads implementations.  That's a sure recipe for failure...

> C++ ABI for 4.6.x has also changed for mingw* (including mingw.org)
> with the introduction of thiscall, not sure if this will affect
> Cygwin itself.

Hmm. don't know what the correct (mingw[64]) solution for this would
be. In the past, when the C++ ABI changed, we didn't bump the
libstdc++ DLL number, because so many other things ALSO break (in
precompiled C++ clients), that just isolating ONE change via the DLL
number of one runtime lib was pointless.  I suspect that is true here,
too.

It probably means a "flag day" -- all precompiled mingw[org,64] C++
offerings will need to be simultaneously upgraded with the release of
the mingw[org,64] 4.6 compiler. (I don't think mingw.org HAS any,
so...non-issue).

OTOH, the cygwin project DOES provide several precompiled C++
packages, so cygwin will probably need to do a flag day for them (when
cygwin-gcc-4.6 is released), but I don't think the cygwin package
ITSELF would be affected.

--
Chuck

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-08-31 14:13       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-08-31 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Aug 31 09:54, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 8/31/2011 5:48 AM, JonY wrote:
> > C++ ABI for 4.6.x has also changed for mingw* (including mingw.org)
> > with the introduction of thiscall, not sure if this will affect
> > Cygwin itself.
> [...]
> OTOH, the cygwin project DOES provide several precompiled C++
> packages, so cygwin will probably need to do a flag day for them (when
> cygwin-gcc-4.6 is released), but I don't think the cygwin package
> ITSELF would be affected.

I don't think this is necessary, unless __thiscall will become default
behaviour in g++.  However, I guess this is the responsibility of the
gcc maintainer for a given target.  For 32 bit Cygwin I would not do it,
for 64 bit it might make sense, though.

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-09-01  1:46         ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-09-01  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 8/31/2011 22:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 31 09:54, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 8/31/2011 5:48 AM, JonY wrote:
>>> C++ ABI for 4.6.x has also changed for mingw* (including mingw.org)
>>> with the introduction of thiscall, not sure if this will affect
>>> Cygwin itself.
>> [...]
>> OTOH, the cygwin project DOES provide several precompiled C++
>> packages, so cygwin will probably need to do a flag day for them (when
>> cygwin-gcc-4.6 is released), but I don't think the cygwin package
>> ITSELF would be affected.
>
> I don't think this is necessary, unless __thiscall will become default
> behaviour in g++.  However, I guess this is the responsibility of the
> gcc maintainer for a given target.  For 32 bit Cygwin I would not do it,
> for 64 bit it might make sense, though.
>

> Corinna

I have always thought about mingw* and Cygwin as a tightly coupled
target, but good point, __thiscall is meant for better compatibility
with MSVC. It wouldn't be a big deal for Cygwin to stay with the current
ABI, while mingw* will move to the new default.

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-09-01  2:08       ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-09-01  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 8/31/2011 21:54, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 8/31/2011 5:48 AM, JonY wrote:
>>>
>>> 4.5.3 is near, afaik.
>>
>> OK, I was wondering how to transition 4.5.x to 4.6.x for mingw-w64
>> when the time comes, pthreads-win32 will be removed in favor of
>> winpthreads, they're not exactly ABI compatible. Right now, only
>> libgomp is using pthreads-win32.
>
> So, it sounds like mingw64's version of libgomp (for gcc-4.6) will
> have to bump its DLL number from the current libgomp-1.dll to
> libgomp-2.dll -- you don't want an existing -fopenmp client, that
> links to both
> 	libgomp-1.dll (which itself depends on pthreadGC2.dll)
> 	pthreadGC2.dll
> to suddenly get "surprised" by
> 	(new) libgomp-1.dll (which depends on winpthreads-0.dll)
> 	pthreadGC2.dll
> because then that existing client would depend on two different
> pthreads implementations.  That's a sure recipe for failure...

Ideally, libgomp should provide proper ABI/API isolation from whatever
underlying thread implementation, so a bump on libgomp shouldn't be
necessary, but I have yet to test this.

Reading the package contributor's guide, there isn't a way to force a
mutually exclusive package, eg old pthreads-win32 with devlibs musn't be
installed with winpthreads.

>> C++ ABI for 4.6.x has also changed for mingw* (including mingw.org)
>> with the introduction of thiscall, not sure if this will affect
>> Cygwin itself.
>
> Hmm. don't know what the correct (mingw[64]) solution for this would
> be. In the past, when the C++ ABI changed, we didn't bump the
> libstdc++ DLL number, because so many other things ALSO break (in
> precompiled C++ clients), that just isolating ONE change via the DLL
> number of one runtime lib was pointless.  I suspect that is true here,
> too.

Not bumping the number would also be problematic for precompiled code
using the old ABI, I was thinking the old dll be made available via
mingw32-libstdc++-6-compat-1 DLL only package.

Of course, talk is easy, implementing it would be another problem, since
libstdc++ is so integrated into GCC.

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-09-01  4:10         ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2011-09-01  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CygWin-Apps

On 8/31/2011 10:08 PM, JonY wrote:
> On 8/31/2011 21:54, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 8/31/2011 5:48 AM, JonY wrote: Hmm. don't know what the
>> correct (mingw[64]) solution for this would be. In the past, when
>> the C++ ABI changed, we didn't bump the libstdc++ DLL number,
>> because so many other things ALSO break (in precompiled C++
>> clients), that just isolating ONE change via the DLL number of
>> one runtime lib was pointless.  I suspect that is true here,
>> too.
>>

> Not bumping the number would also be problematic for precompiled
> code using the old ABI, I was thinking the old dll be made
> available via mingw32-libstdc++-6-compat-1 DLL only package.

My point is, the ABI of the underlying C++ runtime library is
invariably exposed by the (C++) client DLLs -- unless their interface
is pure C.  So, if you have a stack of C++ dlls with the following
dependency
    APP.EXE
	libfoo-1.dll
	  libbar-2.dll
	    libbaz-3.dll
	      libstdc++-6.dll
	    libstdc++-6.dll
	  libbaz-3.dll
	    libstdc++-6.dll
	  libstdc++-6.dll
    libstdc++-6.dll

If you "bump" the DLL for libstdc++-6.dll (so that "old" clients can
continue to use it, via some -compat package, and the new gcc packages
ship libstdc++-7.dll), this will require you to "bump" the DLL number
of ALL of the clients, when they are recompiled to use the new
runtime. (And, of course, each of those CLIENT dlls will ALSO have to
ship a -compat package to provide the old dll with its old dllnum). If
you don't do this for the clients, then your "stack" will break
because some are using libstdc++-7 and some are using libstdc++-6, and
their definitions for, say, new[] or std::string are different.

Oh, and if you DO bump the DLL numbers of all the clients, then you
can't really compile APP.EXE (which depends on all those client DLLs)
until you finish recompiling the whole stack (and bumping all their
dllnums) anyway...

Now, this massive bump-and-compat headache is /technically/ the
correct procedure.  From a /practical/ standpoint, however, I'll point
you here:
	http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2009-03/msg00033.html
where you can read Yaakov's rant on changing the DLL number of giant
stacks of interdependent DLLs on a single platform, due to a platform
specific ABI change, and how horrid it makes life for maintainers ON
that platform *forever* after. (Esp. with regards to dlopen() and/or
LoadLibrary())

In that discussion, I was on the other side at the time; I've come
'round to Yaakov's view -- which is: sure, if the ABI changes badly
enough in the underlying runtime, all the client DLLs will break until
recompiled.  That's bad, but the alternative is WORSE, so you do a
flag day, and publish updated versions of all the known client DLLs at
the same time the new runtime is released.

As it happens, on cygwin there are (a) so few C++ dlls, and (b) even
the ones we have are so rarely used, that we did NOT do a flag day,
and yet...nobody noticed.  Eventually all the C++ clients were
recompiled...

The considerations from the POV of mingw[org,64] might be different
than from cygwin, of course.

> Of course, talk is easy, implementing it would be another problem,
> since libstdc++ is so integrated into GCC.

Ack.

--
Chuck

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2012-07-02 10:40     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2012-07-02 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jul  2 17:43, JonY wrote:
> On 7/2/2012 17:22, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Hi Jon,
> >
> > On Jul  1 01:08, JonY wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Here are the new builds, please remove the oldest versions from each category, thanks.
> >
> > may I ask you a favor?  It would be really helpful if you could add
> > a statement what versions exactly to remove, perhaps even in the form
> > of an easy `rm' command.
> > Otherwise the uploader has to figure this out one directory after the
> > other, which is kind of arduous, given that almost all packages have
> > another version number.
>
> OK,
>
> Will this suffice?
>
> find mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc -name "*4.5.3-2*" | xargs rm
> find mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils -name "*2.21.53-1*" | xargs rm
> find mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers -name "*svn4430-1*" | xargs rm
> find mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime -name "*svn4430-1*" | xargs rm
> find mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-binutils -name "*2.21.53-1*" | xargs rm
> find mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc -name "*4.5.3-2*" | xargs rm
> find mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers -name "*svn4430-1*" | xargs rm
> find mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime -name "*svn4430-1*" | xargs rm

Excellent!

Thank you,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2012-07-02  9:44   ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2012-07-02  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

@ 2012-07-02  9:23 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2012-07-02  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Jon,

On Jul  1 01:08, JonY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are the new builds, please remove the oldest versions from each category, thanks.

may I ask you a favor?  It would be really helpful if you could add
a statement what versions exactly to remove, perhaps even in the form
of an easy `rm' command.
Otherwise the uploader has to figure this out one directory after the
other, which is kind of arduous, given that almost all packages have
another version number.

> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn5134-1-src.tar.bz2
> [...]

Uploaded, old versions not removed yet.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2012-06-30 17:09 JonY
From: JonY @ 2012-06-30 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Here are the new builds, please remove the oldest versions from each category, thanks.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn5134-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn5134-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-runtime/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.52-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.52-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-binutils/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-6-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/mingw64-i686-gcc-core-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn5134-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn5134-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686-headers/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.22.52-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.22.52-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn5134-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn5134-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-6-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc-4.5.3-6.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn5134-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn5134-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64-headers/setup.hint

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2012-03-18 14:29   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-03-18 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:12:08AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:06:24PM +0800, JonY wrote:
>>Btw, do I need to submit an announce message for each package?
>
>No, you don't need to send a separate announcement for each package.
>
>>Some announcements tend to disappear.
>
>Actualy, it's more likely that some senders of email tend to ignore
>bounce messages.

"Actually"

and "Uploaded".

I haven't deleted the oldest version yet though.

cgf

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2012-03-18 14:12 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-03-18 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

@ 2012-03-18 14:06 JonY
From: JonY @ 2012-03-18 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

New refresh is up, please remove the oldest version from each package except pthreads. Thanks.

Btw, do I need to submit an announce message for each package? Some announcements tend to disappear.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.22.51-2.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.22.51-2-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-5-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4913-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4913-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4913-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4913-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.51-3-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.51-3.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-5-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/mingw64-i686-gcc-core-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc-4.5.3-5.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4913-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4913-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/setup.hint
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4913-1-src.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4913-1.tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/setup.hint

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-12-20 14:19         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-12-20 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Dec 20 19:45, JonY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the fixed binutils for i686 mingw-w64. Well, at least it is confirmed to be working on my machine.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.51-2-src.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.51-2.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/setup.hint
>
> Please remove the broken 2.22.51-1, thanks. x86_64 version seems to be fine on my machine.

Done.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-12-20 11:46       ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-12-20 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

@ 2011-12-20  9:54     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-12-20  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Dec 19 21:24, JonY wrote:
> On 12/19/2011 08:42, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > On 12/17/2011 11:35 PM, JonY wrote:
> >> New mingw-w64 build is ready. Remove the oldest in each category,
> >> leave pthreads.
> >

> A user requested a recent bugfix to be propagated.
> Sorry for the inconvenience, can you remove the recently uploaded headers and crt? Use the following, thanks.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4694-1-src.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4694-1.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/setup.hint
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4694-1-src.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4694-1.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/setup.hint
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4694-1-src.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4694-1.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/setup.hint
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4694-1-src.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4694-1.tar.bz2
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/setup.hint

Uploaded and 3.0b_svn4679-1 removed.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-12-19 13:25   ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-12-19 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

       [not found] ` <1324242755.56938.YahooMailNeo@web114715.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
@ 2011-12-19  0:42 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2011-12-19  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CygWin-Apps

@ 2011-12-18 22:56   ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-12-18 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cary R.; +Cc: cygwin-apps

On 12/19/2011 05:12, Cary R. wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> It would be very nice if the headers/runtime could be from svn 4683 or later. 4683 fixed a problem regarding SSIZE_MAX that prevents me from cross-compiling Icarus Verilog without performing a manual hack to the code. Since I have a solution I can live with this for now, but a version with this fix would be most appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Cary

Sure, I'll try to get to it soon, update on hold for the moment.

* [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-12-18  4:36 JonY
       [not found] ` <1324242755.56938.YahooMailNeo@web114715.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
From: JonY @ 2011-12-18  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.51-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/mingw64-i686-binutils-2.22.51-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-binutils/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4679-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/mingw64-i686-headers-3.0b_svn4679-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-headers/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4679-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/mingw64-i686-runtime-3.0b_svn4679-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-runtime/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-4-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-ada/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/mingw64-i686-gcc-core-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-core/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-g++/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-i686/mingw64-i686-gcc/mingw64-i686-gcc-objc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.22.51-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/mingw64-x86_64-binutils-2.22.51-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-binutils/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4679-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-runtime/mingw64-x86_64-runtime-3.0b_svn4679-1.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-4-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-ada/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-fortran/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc-4.5.3-4.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-objc/setup.hint
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4679-1-src.tar.bz2
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Cygwin%20Snapshots/dist/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-headers/mingw64-x86_64-headers-3.0b_svn4679-1.tar.bz2

@ 2011-08-11 22:36       ` JonY
From: JonY @ 2011-08-11 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 8/12/2011 02:28, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> On 11 August 2011 12:13, JonY wrote:
>> OK, much thanks, I need to find more time to do a full rebuild next time.
>
> Any chance we can get a 4.6.x release when you get around to it?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris

Well, that kind of means dropping ada, unless Cygwin GCC is also brought
up to speed.

For cross compilers, ADA requires that the host compiler is the same
version as the new compiler, but in practice, you can get away with it
if your version is close enough, such as within the same branch.

* Re: [RFU] mingw-w64
@ 2011-08-11 18:28     ` Chris Sutcliffe
From: Chris Sutcliffe @ 2011-08-11 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11 August 2011 12:13, JonY wrote:
> OK, much thanks, I need to find more time to do a full rebuild next time.

Any chance we can get a 4.6.x release when you get around to it?

Thank you,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe