public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Naming convention for versioned libraries
@ 2017-06-11 18:13 Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-06-11 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I'm about to ITP geomview, which will include a library package
containing DLLs of the form cyg*-1-9-5.dll.  Should the package be
called libgeomview1_9_5 or libgeomview_1_9_5?  I see both conventions in
the distro.

Ken

* Re: Naming convention for versioned libraries
@ 2017-06-12 17:15 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-06-12 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-06-11 13:13, Ken Brown wrote:
> I'm about to ITP geomview, which will include a library package
> containing DLLs of the form cyg*-1-9-5.dll.  Should the package be
> called libgeomview1_9_5 or libgeomview_1_9_5?  I see both conventions in
> the distro.

libgeomview1.9.5

But, is this really a standalone library that can be used without
geomview, or is it just a support library intended for geomview and any
of its plugins?  If the latter, then there should just be geomview and
geomview-devel packages.

--
Yaakov

* Re: Naming convention for versioned libraries
@ 2017-06-12 17:33   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-06-12 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 6/12/2017 1:15 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-06-11 13:13, Ken Brown wrote:
>> I'm about to ITP geomview, which will include a library package
>> containing DLLs of the form cyg*-1-9-5.dll.  Should the package be
>> called libgeomview1_9_5 or libgeomview_1_9_5?  I see both conventions
>> in the distro.
>
> libgeomview1.9.5
>
> But, is this really a standalone library that can be used without
> geomview, or is it just a support library intended for geomview and any
> of its plugins?  If the latter, then there should just be geomview and
> geomview-devel packages.

I think it's just a support library.  I just sent the ITP a little while
ago, but I'll repackage with geomview and geomview-devel and send it again.

Ken