public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: 1.5.19-4 & snapshot-20060529 : crash when freeing null std::string   in dll (resend for attachment renaming)
@ 2006-06-07 16:20 Williams, Gerald S (Jerry)
From: Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) @ 2006-06-07 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zap splat blong

Dave Korn (no, not THAT one!) wrote:
>   At least I didn't reply to his post and inadvertently quote
> the entire tarball in uucode/b64 though.  I've seen that happen!

In the body or the subject line?

gsw

* RE: 1.5.19-4 & snapshot-20060529 : crash when freeing null std::string   in dll (resend for attachment renaming)
@ 2006-06-07 16:25 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-06-07 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ask a silly question'

On 07 June 2006 17:21, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:

> Dave Korn (no, not THAT one!) wrote:
>>   At least I didn't reply to his post and inadvertently quote
>> the entire tarball in uucode/b64 though.  I've seen that happen!
>
> In the body or the subject line?
>
> gsw

  Yes!

    cheers,
      DaveK

* RE: 1.5.19-4 & snapshot-20060529 : crash when freeing null std::string   in dll (resend for attachment renaming)
@ 2006-06-01  9:29     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-06-01  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'zap splat blong'

On 31 May 2006 20:44, mwoehlke wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 31 May 2006 19:29, LenX wrote:
>>> (resend for attachment renaming)
>>
>>   That was completely stupid and pointless.  You spammed the list with
>> 500k of duplicate rubbish just because you wanted to change the names?
>> That's really SOOOOooo worth it for everyone else.  NOT!  FCOL, why didn't
>> you just send a short email listing the new names?
>
> In all fairness, he probably did that because he received a bounce
> notification, just like I did when I posted a .bz2... not from the list,
> but from the over-zealous AV filter of someone *subscribed to* the list
> (say, I thought such bounces were supposed to go to the list admin, not
> the list poster?).

  Yeh, but OTOH the whole thing was 99% binaries, which anyone interested
could build themselves from the source, so it was a real department of
redundancy department situation!

> ...Meaning he failed to pay attention to where the e-mail came from and
> did, as you noted, spam the list with another half MB of attachment. The
> correct response would have been to a: ignore it (what I did), or b:
> send a follow-up suggesting that anyone that didn't get the attachment
> find it via the archives.

  That doesn't help all the people on dialup who already got it twice, though.

       [not found] ` <03e901c684e0$fbf906e0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
@ 2006-05-31 19:44   ` mwoehlke
From: mwoehlke @ 2006-05-31 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

--
Matthew
Doom doom dooM doo-DooM dOOm DOom doOM... DOOM! -- Gir