public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Plumbing joke.
@ 2009-09-24 17:09 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-09-24 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar And Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk Punning List

  I bought a tool to unblock my sink pipes yesterday.  When I placed it into
the drain and rotated it, it slid easily into the pipe.

  "This augers well", I thought to myself.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Plumbing joke.
@ 2009-09-24 17:37 ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2009-09-24 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List

Dave Korn wrote:

>   "This augers well", I thought to myself.

I raised my hand from plumb so fast to slap my forehead that I actually
hurt my elbow-joint, the one I use faucetting my tea cup on the desk.
Then as the awfulness of that pun drained over me, I developed a
sink-ing feeling, as though I were trap-ped.  I couldn't even manage a
"tee-hee" for this one; you'll just have to settle for a "tee".

* Re: Plumbing joke.
@ 2009-09-24 18:35   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-09-24 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulger and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

Warren Young wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>>
>>   "This augers well", I thought to myself.
>
> I raised my hand from plumb so fast to slap my forehead that I actually
> hurt my elbow-joint, the one I use faucetting my tea cup on the desk.
> Then as the awfulness of that pun drained over me, I developed a
> sink-ing feeling, as though I were trap-ped.  I couldn't even manage a
> "tee-hee" for this one; you'll just have to settle for a "tee".

  We're a right shower, and no mistake, but all these puns leave me feeling
drained.  Toilet humour is a busted flush.

  I was gonna carry on, but they told me "Stop, cock!".  Everyone else just
gave in, so I said "You bend if you want to, but I won't quit under pressure".
 Oh well, guess you can't fight the cistern.

    cheers,
      DaveK