* OpenLDAP
@ 2002-08-08  4:08 Flynn
From: Flynn @ 2002-08-08  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi everyone.

I'm facing two major big problems with a build of OpenLDAP I made recently.
I use this build as a Windows 2000 service using cygrunsrv.

1)
In order to run it as a service, I need to specify "-d 0" as a slapd
parameter. The result is that after some commands, NT/2000 eventlog is
full. If I remove the parameter, the program fails to launch as a service.

Any way of avoiding to use that parameter ?

2)
On my personal computer (Windows 2000 Pro), I can shutdown and restart the
OS, without any impact towards OpenLDAP.

But, on Windows 2000 Server (DC), anytime I shutdown and restart the
server, the OpenLDAP database seems to be corrupted. I'm unable to find the
RootDSE again, and slapindex fails with a "could not open database"
message.

Does it come from the termsig I used for cygrunsrv (QUIT) ?

I really need help.

Thanks in advance, and please forgive my bad English.

Flynn.

* openldap
@ 2019-07-22 23:28 Steven Penny
From: Steven Penny @ 2019-07-22 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

OpenLdap looks to be currently abandoned:

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

This is an issue because it can (and currently is) used by Cygwin cURL build:

https://github.com/cygwinports/curl/blob/2e953092/curl.cygport#L55

I think the best solution at this time is to simply remove OpenLdap from cURL
builds until this is resolved. Failing that, I can volunteer to take up
maintenance of OpenLdap if it really need to be kept along. However I am not
sure this is the case, as my understand is OpenLdap is only used in these type
cases:

    curl ldaps://ldap.foo.com

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44546116

and wouldnt change anything with regard to standard HTTP/HTTPS/FTP etc
protocols. Personally I have never used OpenLdap so I could care less if its
removed. But again I can respect if we have a significant amount of users that
need it.

* OpenLDAP
@ 2000-11-14  9:28 Emmanuel Blot
From: Emmanuel Blot @ 2000-11-14  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Has someone been able to compile the OpenLDAP project with Cygwin ?

I encounter problems with the configure script in the pthread detection section. What is the thread libs supported by Cygwin. The
script seems to not detect the _beginthread routine although it is available on NT... Any idea ??
I use the -libcrtdll flag. Should I use any other one (_beginthread also appear in libcrtdll.a, libmsvcrt.a, libmsvcrt40.a,
libmsvcrt20.a) ?

Thanks,
Emmanuel.