* Re: Latest 64 bit cygwin miscompiles gawk master
@ 2017-04-19 21:47 arnold
From: arnold @ 2017-04-19 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Well, here is some more info.  After installing MPFR and GMP development
packages and rerunning configure, the compile and tests run with no
problems.

Really strange. I note that my compilation of gawk 4.1.4 where
things went OK was _without_ the MPFR and GMP development packages.

Another interesting data point. On GCC 4.9.0, if I compile without
MPFR, I get the same set of failures.

Thanks!

Arnold

* Latest 64 bit cygwin miscompiles gawk master
@ 2017-04-19 15:32 arnold
From: arnold @ 2017-04-19 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi.

I just did a fresh install of the 64 bit cygwin on a new Windows 10
computer.  I am trying to build gawk from git master and getting
failures. It looks like something is being miscompiled in the NODE
union. Compiler is GCC 5.4.  I have no problems with this compiler
on Ubuntu 16 or with GCC 4.9 on an older 64 bit cygwin.

Also, when running configure, there are a lot of errors about not
being able to remove conftest.exe, device or resource busy, which I do
not get on the older Cygwin.

Repeat by

	git clone http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gawk.git
	cd gawk
	./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make -j && make check

Watch several of the checks crash and burn

Interestingly enough, compilation of the released gawk-4.1.4 tarball
goes off without a hitch; the test suite runs to completion with
no problems.

Please help.

Thanks!

Arnold