* cygwin@cygwin.com
@ 2019-04-26  9:47 kjur
From: kjur @ 2019-04-26  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

cygwin   +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
开各地正规普通增值税票,点优惠,包真。
详电:陈红{女士}
手机:135 9014 5089
业务QQ:1248802718

* Re: cygwin@cygwin.com
@ 2015-08-03 19:20 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2015-08-03 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicholas Clark, cygwin

Greetings, Nicholas Clark!

> I remember seeing a bunch of traffic on the subject of rebasing a few
> years ago, with people saying that it wouldn't be necessary once we
> moved over to 64-bit Cygwin. Did that wind up being true?

I see no reason to think otherwise. 64*bit address space is much leaner on the
subject.
However, the very process of rebasing the applications has nothing to do with
platform specs.
Apps are built on different machines, and their address space may collide,
when they meet on one target system.
64-bit platform just offer more space, meaning that more applications can be
installed that rely on POSIX address space semantics.
Still, you should only install what you are actually using.

> I've got some in-house tools that some of our developers want to use
> on Cygwin, and I've been thinking about the best way to maintain
> remote installations. If I use some kind of scripted
> deployment/update, do I actually need to keep everything rebased?

setup.exe offer all the tools you need for automatic installation.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* cygwin@cygwin.com
@ 2015-08-03 17:26 Nicholas Clark
From: Nicholas Clark @ 2015-08-03 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all,

I remember seeing a bunch of traffic on the subject of rebasing a few
years ago, with people saying that it wouldn't be necessary once we
moved over to 64-bit Cygwin. Did that wind up being true?

I've got some in-house tools that some of our developers want to use
on Cygwin, and I've been thinking about the best way to maintain
remote installations. If I use some kind of scripted
deployment/update, do I actually need to keep everything rebased?

-Nick

* Re: cygwin@cygwin.com
@ 2009-07-27  4:33 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2009-07-27  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

leena21 wrote:
> I would appriciaite if some can tell me which  floating point format is used
> in Cygwin environment ?

If I understand your question, this depends on the your selection on the
compiler command line. gcc defaults to "387" (80387) format.  Normally,
if you care, you would set something like -march=pentium-m, and, if you
wish, -mfpmath=sse .  All the usual data types are present (float,
double, long double) and the storage is little-endian, same as any other
compiler for the same CPU.

* cygwin@cygwin.com
@ 2009-07-27  2:00 leena21
From: leena21 @ 2009-07-27  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi all,

I would appriciaite if some can tell me which  floating point format is used
in Cygwin environment ?
Regards
Leena

* cygwin@cygwin.com
@ 2001-12-04  3:09 Thomas Schindler
From: Thomas Schindler @ 2001-12-04  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello again,

sorry having bothered you, I should read the mailing list before sending a
question. I found the answer a couple fo threads before. Sorry again.

Thomas