* Commercial use of cygwin
@ 2020-11-12  8:42 Antonio Sidoti
From: Antonio Sidoti @ 2020-11-12  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I was looking into using Cygwin for commercial use, but I couldn't really
understand if that was ok or not.

From here <https://cygwin.com/licensing.html> and here
<https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/cygwin-library-now-available-under-gnu-lesser-general-public-license>,
it seems like the basic cygwin library is available under LGPL, so ok to be
redistributed commercially if linked dynamically.

When I looked for all the different dlls though, I couldn't really find all
the licenses. I looked at /usr/share/doc folder but could not find the
licenses for several packages
+cygblas-0.dll
+cyggfortran-4.dll
+cyggomp-1.dll
+cyglapack-0.dll
+cygncursesw-10.dll
+cygquadmath-0.dll
+cygreadline7.dll

Is there any way you could provide some guidance on the topic? Is it
something you could help with?
(Of course in exchange of compensation)

Thanks for your help.
Antonio