* Mailing list subscription problems
@ 2022-12-19 15:08 Kyle Marek
From: Kyle Marek @ 2022-12-19 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-owner; +Cc: cygwin

(CC'd the public mailing list for visibility of problems that may be
affecting others)

Hello,

Today I received an email from cygwin-bounces@cygwin.com with the
subject line of "You have been unsubscribed from the Cygwin mailing
list". I also just noticed that my Cygwin directory doesn't have any
emails since the email identified by the following headers:

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 00:42:07 -0800
Subject: You have been added to Newcommercial08
From: Newcommercial08 <newcommercial08+noreply@googlegroups.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com

I'm pretty sure the from address is so bounces are returned to an
address that monitors for bounces. I am guessing that Google has been
bouncing emails from the Cygwin mailing servers, and mailman
automatically unsubscribed me after 25 days of not being able to deliver
a single email to me. However, I am still receiving emails from mailman
itself.

I re-subscribed, logged into the mailman web interface, and confirming
that I am re-subscribed as of 02:47 UTC. I can see on the online archive
that the mailing list has received emails since then, but I am still not
receiving them. Note that they are NOT being sent to my spam directory.

So... Are the mailing list emails being bounced by Google?

Thank you,
Kyle Marek