* Fwd: Coverity Scan
       [not found] <CAO1jNwuZhQoyccTTGJWcdUJHHQjHeYc5GZEyG-Hci5kfLaMcTA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-04-25  9:10 ` Jan Nijtmans
From: Jan Nijtmans @ 2014-04-25  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Yeah, I'm n ot exactly looking forward to it since I'm very familiar
> with CVS or SVN, but have nothing but trouble with git.  But since
> everybody else is so very happy with git, I guess I'll have to adapt.
> Teeth-gnashingly.

There are other alternatives than SVN and Git, you could try
Fossil: <http://www.fossil-scm.org/>

Jari Aalto made fossil version 1.28 available recently as
Cygwin/Cygwin64 package, which works fine. (Previous
builds had issues due to SQLite build problems, but those
are all fixed in this build). Highly recommended,
especially if you hate GIT (you are not the only one, really!),
I am using it extensively.

Regards,
        Jan Nijtmans

* Re: Coverity Scan
@ 2014-04-25 12:17   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-04-25 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Apr 25 11:10, Jan Nijtmans wrote:
> > Yeah, I'm n ot exactly looking forward to it since I'm very familiar
> > with CVS or SVN, but have nothing but trouble with git.  But since
> > everybody else is so very happy with git, I guess I'll have to adapt.
> > Teeth-gnashingly.
>
> There are other alternatives than SVN and Git, you could try
> Fossil: <http://www.fossil-scm.org/>
>
> Jari Aalto made fossil version 1.28 available recently as
> Cygwin/Cygwin64 package, which works fine. (Previous
> builds had issues due to SQLite build problems, but those
> are all fixed in this build). Highly recommended,
> especially if you hate GIT (you are not the only one, really!),
> I am using it extensively.

Looks nice, but I'm not so sure there should run YA sccs on sourceware.

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Coverity Scan
@ 2014-04-25 15:55     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2014-04-25 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 02:17:19PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Apr 25 11:10, Jan Nijtmans wrote:
>> > Yeah, I'm n ot exactly looking forward to it since I'm very familiar
>> > with CVS or SVN, but have nothing but trouble with git.  But since
>> > everybody else is so very happy with git, I guess I'll have to adapt.
>> > Teeth-gnashingly.
>>
>> There are other alternatives than SVN and Git, you could try
>> Fossil: <http://www.fossil-scm.org/>
>>
>> Jari Aalto made fossil version 1.28 available recently as
>> Cygwin/Cygwin64 package, which works fine. (Previous
>> builds had issues due to SQLite build problems, but those
>> are all fixed in this build). Highly recommended,
>> especially if you hate GIT (you are not the only one, really!),
>> I am using it extensively.
>
>Looks nice, but I'm not so sure there should run YA sccs on sourceware.

Right.

cgf