public inbox for dwz@sourceware.org
* Re: DWZ maintainance
@ 2019-01-01  0:00     ` Tom de Vries
From: Tom de Vries @ 2019-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard, Jakub Jelinek; +Cc: dwz

On 18-06-19 10:37, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 17:54 +0200, Tom de Vries wrote:
>> On 17-06-19 17:26, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>>> I thought I'd have some time to do dwz patch review and maintainance,
>>> but apparently I don't, my GCC duties are full time.
>>> So, I'd like to declare Tom as a co-maintainer if he is ok with that,
>>> as I don't want to block progress.
>>
>> thanks, I'm definitely OK with that :)
>
> Great. Also my apologies for not having more time for dwz. But I am
> around to help (and keep the buildbot alive).

Much appreciated :)

>>> Once sufficient amount of changes is in, would be nice to roll a
>>> new release.
>>
>> OK, makes sense.
>
> IMHO you could do a release now. There are a couple of bug fixes in
> already since 0.12. Which I would say is certainly "sufficient" to
> warrant a release (otherwise distros would have to backport them). And
> it would show that dwz is alive and well :)

I hope to spent next week (i.e. hackweek) in full on dwz, and to be able
to push a couple of more fixes.

In particular, I'd like to commit fixes for:
- PR24249 - "Section offsets not monotonically increasing"
- PR24251 - "Allocatable section after non-allocatable ones"
which will mean that I can drop this (
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory/dwz/dwz-0.12-ignore-nobits.patch?expand=1
) patch when upgrading to the next dwz release.

Thanks,
- Tom

* Re: DWZ maintainance
@ 2019-01-01  0:00   ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2019-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom de Vries, Jakub Jelinek; +Cc: dwz

On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 17:54 +0200, Tom de Vries wrote:
> On 17-06-19 17:26, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > I thought I'd have some time to do dwz patch review and maintainance,
> > but apparently I don't, my GCC duties are full time.
> > So, I'd like to declare Tom as a co-maintainer if he is ok with that,
> > as I don't want to block progress.
>
> thanks, I'm definitely OK with that :)

Great. Also my apologies for not having more time for dwz. But I am
around to help (and keep the buildbot alive).

> > Once sufficient amount of changes is in, would be nice to roll a
> > new release.
>
> OK, makes sense.

IMHO you could do a release now. There are a couple of bug fixes in
already since 0.12. Which I would say is certainly "sufficient" to
warrant a release (otherwise distros would have to backport them). And
it would show that dwz is alive and well :)

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: DWZ maintainance
@ 2019-01-01  0:00 ` Tom de Vries
From: Tom de Vries @ 2019-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Jelinek; +Cc: Mark Wielaard, dwz

On 17-06-19 17:26, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I thought I'd have some time to do dwz patch review and maintainance,
> but apparently I don't, my GCC duties are full time.
> So, I'd like to declare Tom as a co-maintainer if he is ok with that,
> as I don't want to block progress.

Hi Jakub,

thanks, I'm definitely OK with that :)

> Once sufficient amount of changes is in, would be nice to roll a new release.

OK, makes sense.

Thanks,
- Tom

* DWZ maintainance