* [ECOS] Good board for audio + USB
@ 2001-07-23  9:27 Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-23  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm thinking of playing with some audio as well as USB connections with
windows.  I was wondering if anyone here might know a good cheap
development board for things like that.  It would be nice to have a
hardware MP3 codec I possible.

Trenton D. Adams
Embedded Developer
Windows Developer
Extreme Engineering Ltd.
Calgary Alberta.

* RE: [ECOS] Good board for audio + USB
@ 2001-07-23 12:41 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-07-23 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

90% of the digital audio players (which typically feature digital audio
and usb) out there use the cirrus design.

From what i understand, the ipaq is very similar to the strongarm
reference designs, but i haven't played with it myself. The advantage of
the ipaq would be that it's available on the street and it's cheap.
There's also a big speed difference between the cirrus parts (which max
out at 90mHz) and the strongarms (which clock at 200mHz or so).

-Dan