* RE: [ECOS] Good board for audio + USB
@ 2001-07-23 12:41 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-07-23 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

90% of the digital audio players (which typically feature digital audio
and usb) out there use the cirrus design.

From what i understand, the ipaq is very similar to the strongarm
reference designs, but i haven't played with it myself. The advantage of
the ipaq would be that it's available on the street and it's cheap.
There's also a big speed difference between the cirrus parts (which max
out at 90mHz) and the strongarms (which clock at 200mHz or so).

-Dan

@ 2001-07-24  9:39       ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-24  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stefano.costa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

  > Trenton,
  >
  > we didn't check this (my colleagues are now porting eCOS to our
  > hardware platform based on CS7209, and the next step will be to
  > use the Cirrus GNU-version decoding library) but I don't see any
  > serious problem in this. So far, we used the Cirrus ARM SDT-
  > version decoding lib with success. We are also planning to check
  > for MAD compiled for ARM.
  > bye- Stefano

Thanks, would you mind keeping me updated as to whether it works or not?

* RE: [ECOS] Good board for audio + USB
@ 2001-07-24  9:31     ` Stefano Costa
From: Stefano Costa @ 2001-07-24  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 24 Jul 2001, at 9:44, Trenton D. Adams wrote:

> Thanks for that Stefano, I'll take a look.  Much appreciated! :)
>
> So, are you saying that their library will work with eCos?

Trenton,

we didn't check this (my colleagues are now porting eCOS to our
hardware platform based on CS7209, and the next step will be to
use the Cirrus GNU-version decoding library) but I don't see any
serious problem in this. So far, we used the Cirrus ARM SDT-
version decoding lib with success. We are also planning to check
for MAD compiled for ARM.
bye- Stefano
BlueWind                Electronic Design
I-31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TREVISO)
Via Steffani 7/B
VOICE   +39 0 423 723431
FAX     +39 0 423 744738
MOBILE  +39 335 6565749
http://www.bluewind.it

* RE: [ECOS] Good board for audio + USB
@ 2001-07-24  8:44   ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-24  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stefano.costa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-07-24  8:41 ` Stefano Costa
From: Stefano Costa @ 2001-07-24  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-07-23 12:33       ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-23 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Thomas wrote:
> > Information on the SA11x0 boards is very hard to find on Intel's website
> > as well.  At least a search came up with something.
> >

> Intel doesn't have a good plan here.  The Assabet is old and probably will
> be replaced with something new sometime soon, but I don't have any solid
> info about that.

You should be able to find links to information about the various platforms
(including these) at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/hardware.html

although the third parties have a habit of moving stuff around so do tell
me about any broken links.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* RE: [ECOS] Good board for audio + USB
@ 2001-07-23 11:53       ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-23 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-07-23 11:48     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-23 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-07-23 11:37   ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-23 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-07-23 11:08 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-23 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-07-23  9:27 Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-23  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm thinking of playing with some audio as well as USB connections with
windows.  I was wondering if anyone here might know a good cheap
development board for things like that.  It would be nice to have a
hardware MP3 codec I possible.

Trenton D. Adams
Embedded Developer
Windows Developer