* FSF & copyright status
@ 2004-06-30 16:45 Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2004-06-30 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

Any new status on this?  Is it ever going to happen?

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

* Re: FSF & copyright status
@ 2004-07-01  8:30 ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2004-07-01  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Gary Thomas wrote:

> Dynamic IP Address See: http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=81.104.194.28
>
> Any new status on this?  Is it ever going to happen?

 From status updates by Red Hat it looks like it is going to happen, we
just don't know when.  The last exchange in mid-May with Red Hat legal
on this topic said "... we are now there... the next few weeks."

Naturally, the guys here and eCosCentric are ready on our side with all
the assignments and contributions of the code we hold copyright to (and
have been for quite a while), so when Red Hat do move we can switch to
the FSF fairly quickly.

-- Alex

* Re: FSF & copyright status
@ 2004-07-03 17:01   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-07-03 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Schuilenburg; +Cc: Gary Thomas, eCos Maintainers

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

> Gary Thomas wrote:
>
>> Dynamic IP Address See:
>> http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=81.104.194.28
>>
>> Any new status on this?  Is it ever going to happen?
>>

>  From status updates by Red Hat it looks like it is going to happen, we
> just don't know when.  The last exchange in mid-May with Red Hat legal
> on this topic said "... we are now there... the next few weeks."
>
> Naturally, the guys here and eCosCentric are ready on our side with all
> the assignments and contributions of the code we hold copyright to (and
> have been for quite a while), so when Red Hat do move we can switch to
> the FSF fairly quickly.

Well, to be more accurate, that may depend a little on the responsiveness
of the FSF which cannot be taken for granted!

Jifl