public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Deleting a Display
@ 2007-07-03 16:19 Adam Jocksch
From: Adam Jocksch @ 2007-07-03 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Now that we can create expression displays with the hpd, what should the
syntax be to delete a display? 'delete' is currently being used to
remove breakpoints, should it work with displays as well? The other
thought I had was something like display remove <expr>.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Adam

* Re: Deleting a Display
@ 2007-07-03 17:54 ` Adam Jocksch
From: Adam Jocksch @ 2007-07-03 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Adam Jocksch wrote:
> Now that we can create expression displays with the hpd, what should
> the syntax be to delete a display? 'delete' is currently being used to
> remove breakpoints, should it work with displays as well? The other
> thought I had was something like display remove <expr>.
>
> Any other ideas/suggestions?
>
> Adam
Looking through the hpd I see the following:
 > delete {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch |
-barrier | -all}
 > actions  {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch |
-barrier}
 > disable  {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch |
-barrier}
 > enable  {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch |
-barrier}

It seems to me that we want all of these to apply to displays as well.
Is there any particular reason that we shouldn't do this? Otherwise I'll
move ahead and implement them.

Adam

* Re: Deleting a Display
@ 2007-07-03 18:34   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2007-07-03 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Jocksch; +Cc: frysk

Adam Jocksch wrote:
> Adam Jocksch wrote:
>> Now that we can create expression displays with the hpd, what should
>> the syntax be to delete a display? 'delete' is currently being used
>> to remove breakpoints, should it work with displays as well? The
>> other thought I had was something like display remove <expr>.
>>
>> Any other ideas/suggestions?
>>
>> Adam
> Looking through the hpd I see the following:
> > delete {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch |
> -barrier | -all}
> > actions  {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch
> | -barrier}
> > disable  {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch
> | -barrier}
> > enable  {actionpoint-list | -enabled | -disabled | -break | -watch |
> -barrier}
>
> It seems to me that we want all of these to apply to displays as well.
> Is there any particular reason that we shouldn't do this? Otherwise
> I'll move ahead and implement them.

I can't think of one :-)  "delete <display-number>" would seem very
intuitive.

Andrew

* Re: Deleting a Display
@ 2007-07-03 18:47     ` Chris Moller