public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Chris' utracer
@ 2007-08-30 20:20 Kris Van Hees
From: Kris Van Hees @ 2007-08-30 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

After doing a checkout of the frysk-utrace module to haved a look at it, I
notived that it does not have any form of license or copyright statement
listed.  The only hint at a license is in the kernel module license
specification.

Is that intentional, or oversight?

	Cheers,
	Kris

* Re: Chris' utracer
@ 2007-08-30 23:15 ` Chris Moller
From: Chris Moller @ 2007-08-30 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kris Van Hees; +Cc: frysk

Kris Van Hees wrote:
> After doing a checkout of the frysk-utrace module to haved a look at it, I
> notived that it does not have any form of license or copyright statement
> listed.  The only hint at a license is in the kernel module license
> specification.
>
> Is that intentional, or oversight?

It's an oversight, but it's still very much alpha-level code and not
intended for general distribution.

cm

--
Chris Moller

  Java: the blunt scissors of programming languages.
      -- Dave Thomas

* Re: Chris' utracer
@ 2007-08-30 23:31   ` Kris Van Hees
From: Kris Van Hees @ 2007-08-30 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Moller; +Cc: Kris Van Hees, frysk

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 07:14:10PM -0400, Chris Moller wrote:
> Kris Van Hees wrote:
> > After doing a checkout of the frysk-utrace module to haved a look at it, I
> > notived that it does not have any form of license or copyright statement
> > listed.  The only hint at a license is in the kernel module license
> > specification.
> >
> > Is that intentional, or oversight?
>
> It's an oversight, but it's still very much alpha-level code and not
> intended for general distribution.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I definitely wasn't thinking about any form of
distribution or other use beyond frysk.  It just seemed odd to not have any
copyright or license information on the files, hence the question.  Having
it in there will avoid any confusion about the code's status in a public
repository.

	Cheers,
	Kris

* Re: Chris' utracer