public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: ada/8344: mips-rtems build problem
@ 2003-05-09 19:08 guerby
From: guerby @ 2003-05-09 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, guerby, joel, nobody, wayne

Synopsis: mips-rtems build problem

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: guerby
State-Changed-When: Fri May  9 19:08:15 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Fixed on 3.2, 3.3, mainline and ACT tree.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8344

* Re: ada/8344: mips-rtems build problem
@ 2003-05-12 13:56 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2003-05-12 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR ada/8344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com>
To: Laurent GUERBY <guerby@acm.org>
Cc: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
 	nobody@gcc.gnu.org, joel@OARcorp.com
Subject: Re: ada/8344: mips-rtems build problem
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:54:08 -0500

 Laurent GUERBY wrote:

 > On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 21:02, Dara Hazeghi wrote:
 > > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 > > trail&database=gcc&pr=8344
 > >
 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > this PR lists a number of patches that appear to have been applied. Is
 > > this so? If so, can anyone confirm that the bug in question no longer
 > > appears? Thanks,
 >
 > The problem (ada/final.c => ada/adafinal.c) has been fixed for 3.2, 3.3
 > branches, mainline and ACT sources, I'm closing it, thanks for reminding
 > us.

 Laurent is correct.  This is fixed and we incldue Ada in the mips-rtems
 RPMs.  Sorry this was still open.

@ 2003-05-09 19:16 Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2003-05-09 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR ada/8344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Laurent GUERBY <guerby@acm.org>
To: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, joel@OARcorp.com
Date: 09 May 2003 21:09:03 +0200

@ 2003-05-09 19:06 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-09 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR ada/8344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, joel@OARcorp.com,
   guerby@acm.org
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:02:06 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=8344

 Hello,

 this PR lists a number of patches that appear to have been applied. Is
 this so? If so, can anyone confirm that the bug in question no longer
 appears? Thanks,

 Dara

* Re: ada/8344: mips-rtems build problem
@ 2003-01-13 14:25 joel
From: joel @ 2003-01-13 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, guerby, joel, nobody, wayne

Synopsis: mips-rtems build problem

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: joel
State-Changed-When: Mon Jan 13 06:25:37 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Still applies to 3.3 branch

@ 2002-10-24 14:56 joel
From: joel @ 2002-10-24 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats; +Cc: wayne, guerby

>Number:         8344
>Category:       ada
>Synopsis:       mips-rtems build problem
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Oct 24 14:56:03 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     joel@OARcorp.com
>Release:        3.2 and newer
See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-05/msg01445.html

Laurent Guerby submitted a patch for a problem back in
May 2002 but it was never acknowledged and since a
corresponding PR wasn't filed, it slipped through the
cracks.  Here is the description:

The Ada/mips problem (already discussed with Joel) is that there is a
file name conflict between gcc/final.o and gcc/ada/final.o that causes ecoff.h to come
wrongly into the picture, the solution is to rename gcc/ada/final.o into
something else, here is one patch that renames the gcc/ada source file to adafinal.c.