* Issue generating GCC coverage report since r14-1625-geba3565ce6d766
@ 2023-06-16 12:51 Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2023-06-16 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

we try to build coverage info for GCC for our testsuite and upload it to
https://gcc.opensuse.org/gcc-lcov/ every weekend.  But since patch
r14-1625-geba3565ce6d766 (Add support for stc and cmc instructions in
i386.md) the generation broke down.  However, I don't think there is
something necessarily wrong with that particular commit, at least I
don't see anything suspicious.

I inherited the generating script from Martin Liška and have not really
looked much into it much, but it simply does the following after a fresh
GCC master checkout (I added the --disable-multilib and reduced the
number of languages to reproduce this more quickly):

  ../src/configure --prefix=/home/mjambor/gcc/mine/inst --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-bootstrap --enable-host-shared --enable-coverage=opt --disable-multilib
  make -j64 && make -j64 -k check
  find gcc/testsuite/ -name '*.gcda' -exec rm -rvf {} \;  # I don't know why the script does this
  lcov -d . --capture --output-file gcc.info

and this last step, since the commit, when processing file
./gcc/insn-attrtab.gcda fails with error:

  geninfo: ERROR: mismatched end line for _Z12get_attr_isaP8rtx_insn at /home/mjambor/gcc/mine/src/gcc/config/i386/i386.md:5776: 5776 -> 8963
          (use "geninfo --ignore-errors mismatch ..." to bypass this error)

I tried looking briefly into the perl sources of lcov and geninfo but I
am afraid I don't have the necessary knowledge of the language and the
tool or the time to properly debug this.  So I am inclined to simply add
--ignore-errors mismatch to lcov options, which avoids the issue, and be
done with it.  Nevertheless, I thought I'd mention this here in case
anyone here has any ideas what can be going wrong.

Thanks,

Martin