* std::format support?
@ 2022-06-14 12:15 Zopolis0
From: Zopolis0 @ 2022-06-14 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

There was some discussion around std::format support 2 years ago, with
people suggesting to just use the fmt code, and others suggesting that an
independent implementation might be of higher quality. 2 years have since
passed, and we have no implementation, of higher or identical quality.
Could we come to a decision on this? Having no implementation whatsoever is
the worst possible outcome.

* Re: std::format support?
@ 2022-06-14 12:21 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-06-14 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zopolis0; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 at 13:15, Zopolis0 via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> There was some discussion around std::format support 2 years ago, with
> people suggesting to just use the fmt code, and others suggesting that an
> independent implementation might be of higher quality.

No, that's not what I said.

> 2 years have since
> passed, and we have no implementation, of higher or identical quality.
> Could we come to a decision on this? Having no implementation whatsoever is
> the worst possible outcome.

What good would a decision be? Somebody still has to do the actual
work to add it.

If you want a decision, here you go: we're going to reimplement it for
libstdc++. Happy now?