public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Bugs in gdb/testsuite/{README,Makefile.in}
@ 2020-10-02 12:02 Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2020-10-02 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all,

Some but not all of the check* rules in gdb/testsuite/Makefile.in
have dependencies on site.exp, but all of them probably should have.
This means the following will succeed if $RULE is "check", for
example, but fail if $RULE is "check-parallel-racy", and probably
others too:

  mkdir build
  cd build
  ../src/configure ...
  make
  cd gdb/testsuite
  make $RULE

I've fixed this manually in my setup, by running 'make site.exp' under
gdb/testsuite.  I found 'make site.exp' mentioned in gdb/testsuite/README,
but only indirectly: the README file says you can either run make
check from the toplevel build directory, or you can cd into
gdb/testsuite and use runtest after "make site.exp".  Probably that
part of gdb/testsuite/README should also mention that you can use
"make check*" under gdb/testsuite too.  Probably also, the check*
rules that don't depend on site.exp should have a dependency added.
I don't have time to fix either at present, so I'm not volunteering!

Cheers,
Gary

--
Gary Benson - he / him / his
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-02 12:02 UTC | newest]