public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Two small insight (gdb?) bugs
@ 2011-07-13  4:32 Gene Smith
From: Gene Smith @ 2011-07-13  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

For the record I want to report two minor bugs I have been seeing with a
recent cvs snapshot build using insight in embedded ARM environment:

1. In console I can set a breakpoint like this:

b main

But if I make a typo and enter an invalid symbol such as:

b mai

It hangs insight and I have to kill -9 it.

2. If I have a watch point window active with watches present and I
reload or reset my program, I get an error dialog when trying to
re-establish the watchpoints since they are lost after a reset or reload
(watch window comes up blank). The only way to re-define the watches is
to restart insight but at least it is not locked up like in 1. above.
Workaround: Try to remember to close watch window before reloading or
resetting.
Note: Memory, register, breakpoint window are fine after a reset/reload
(except possibly breakpoints are stranded due to code differences on
reload). Not sure why watch window comes back blank.

-gene