public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* RTEMS Port of GCJ Progress Report
@ 2011-07-08 17:31 Jie Liu
From: Jie Liu @ 2011-07-08 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is the second report after “GCJ Porting for RTEMS Status
Report”[1]. During this time, I am
--- Focusing on running the testsuite and fix encountered problem
--- Submitting patches to related community

In details, I have got the testsuite result for boehm-gc, libffi and
libjava, which can be seen in rtemsgcj project’s trunk[2]. For
problems encountered in boehm-gc, they are fixed under Ivan’s help,
and the problems can be seen in mailing list[3](Just search rtems for
related information). For problems encountered in libjava, I have send
a mail to java-patches[4], some problems have been fixed while others
still in fixing.

The patches have been send to related communities, although libjava’s
patch still needs modify. For boehm-gc, the patch can be seen on
java-patches mailing list[5]. For RTEMS, the patch can be seen on
RTEMS mailing list[6]. For libjava, the patch also can be seen on
java-patches mailing list[7]. The libffi is worked on RTEMS/i386, so
there is no patch for it.

Next step, I will
+++ Make as more libjava test case PASS as possible and get the
libjava patch merged
+++ Move to a new architecture and repeat the porting progress

If you have any ideas on this project, please do not hesitate to contact me. :)

[1] http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-users/2011-June/008574.html
[2]http://rtemsgcj.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/gcjtest/testsuite_out
[3] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.garbage-collection.boehmgc
[4] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2011-q3/msg00016.html
[5] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2011-q2/msg00067.html
[6] http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-users/2011-June/008573.html
[7] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2011-q3/msg00001.html

Best Regards,
Jie

* Re: RTEMS Port of GCJ Progress Report
@ 2011-07-11 12:53 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2011-07-11 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/07/11 18:31, Jie Liu wrote:

> This is the second report after “GCJ Porting for RTEMS Status
> Report”[1]. During this time, I am
> --- Focusing on running the testsuite and fix encountered problem
> --- Submitting patches to related community
>
> In details, I have got the testsuite result for boehm-gc, libffi and
> libjava, which can be seen in rtemsgcj projectÂ’s trunk[2]. For
> problems encountered in boehm-gc, they are fixed under IvanÂ’s help,
> and the problems can be seen in mailing list[3](Just search rtems for
> related information). For problems encountered in libjava, I have send
> a mail to java-patches[4], some problems have been fixed while others
> still in fixing.
>
> The patches have been send to related communities, although libjavaÂ’s
> patch still needs modify.

OK.  You have to address Bryce's concerns, but I'm happy for the
patch to go in once you've done that.

Looking at the test results, there are very serious problems with
both threads and exceptions.

Andrew.