public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* proposal: move Kawa web-site to kawa-lang.org
@ 2016-11-13  2:11 Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2016-11-13  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Currently the URL http://kawa-lang.org redirects to
https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/ . I'm thinking maybe we should
do it the other way round, and have kawa-lang.org be the official Kawa URL.
The main reason is better branding, plus a shorter URl for people to remember/type.

The easiest and cheapest in the short term would be to host kawa-lang.org
on the same hosting site where I host bothner.com - which is DreamHost.
Of course that means it is still dependent on me, though it is possible
for me to create other maintainer accounts.  If there is some reason
to move it (for example Kawa gets a corporate sponsor) it should be
easy to move - it's just some static web pages.

If we do this, I'm thinking of doing it right after the move to git, and
have it be part of the kawa 2.3 changes.

That means the only service remaining at GNU/FSF would be the
download (ftp) site.  I see no major reason to move that,
though it would be easy to set up ftp.kawa-lang.org hosted using DreamHost.

The mailing list(s) can stay on sourceware.org for now.
--
	--Per Bothner