public inbox for libabigail@sourceware.org
From: Ben Woodard <woodard@redhat.com>
To: Ben Woodard via Libabigail <libabigail@sourceware.org>
Subject: Fwd: Testing Setup - More Tests and Automation?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:55:07 -0700	[thread overview]

I personally feel like we need to reconsider https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libabigail/2022q1/004045.html and have checks like this built into the normal “make check” having ENABLE_SLOW_TEST=no by default allows too many bugs to creep in. People don’t use it. As a case in point neither the current trunk or the fixes branch pass all the tests when it is set.

I will say Vanessa has convinced me of the value of the automated testing. It is great when she does a pull request, I can immediately see not only that it applies but that it continues to pass all the regression tests. I feel like it would be helpful to have more tests included within the make check so that it didn’t depend on me to make sure that something isn’t going wrong.

-ben